GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi as above wanted for my gtr i currently have a titanium exhaust,. it says jasma but i heard that iv heard that is equivlent to british standard?! make unknown but it just aint loud enough lol.

what would you's reccomend? i dont track car so db levels dont mean alot to me:clap::clap:

·
Registered
720 Posts
apexi n1 evo [no cat]

or deep tone ,

hks superdragger [no cat] and remove center silencer for fabricated straight through pipe [30cm approx pipe]

you'll be heard for miles at 6-8000rpm ;)

or custom made 4 inch straight through

or if you need it louder still,

custom made side exit 4 inch straight through with exit 6x4 ( ) shape [like a megaphone] lol :D

above is for single turbo, if you use twins fabricate the down-y-pipe to be a fair bit bigger, dont know nissan y-pipe diameter????

or use 2 side exits straight from the twins about 2.5-3'' inch each, no y-pipe

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
megaphone? lol nice.

cheers for that mate im runnin twin setup.

probably go for supperdragger. are these legal for track days or do you get bung for them just if i ever do decide to track it

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
i have a kakimoto twin mega n1 dual.

loud s.o.b. i have run silverstone though with no problem but i have a feeling it is still over 105db :S

mental note at any point in the rev range. can be a bit loud sometimes but the on boost noise is just purely so insane i would never get rid of it!

is two complete pipes turbo back, decatted and a single muffler each pipe.

·
Registered
720 Posts
just to add to the replys above, you can also get a dual hks superdragger exhuast - one full exhaust per turbo.........., but running the small twin turbos,
a TRUST wider y-pipe and one superdragger exhaust will be plenty [no cat, no centre silencer]

that way u save weight and save money on the 2 full exhausts;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if only it was that simple lol im not running a de cat at moment. just want it louder!!! cheers g40tee, is there much noise from blocking off recirculating valves?? i would like to run wastegates but would be alot of $s just for noise

·
Registered
720 Posts
u have a cat fitted !! :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :runaway: lol

remove the cat !!! :clap: and fit a de-cat - will be MUCH louder :thumbsup:, more power bhp - i dont know exactly, keep your cat for M.O.T, just 4 bolts to undo/do to swap over each year

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
blocking off the std recirc valves gets a nice chatter and chirp but nothing loud like external wastegates or d/v's

But tbh i dont want psssssssht everytime i come off the throttle, im happy with what mine sounds like.

here is a youtube vid of my 0-60 doesnt give you an idea of normal driving noise but gives you a gist of noise levels YouTube - TRAX 09 - 0-60 [CHRIS GARNER - R33 SKYLINE GTR]

·
Registered
27,349 Posts
got a number of loud systems in stock

blitz nur is quite loud

5zigen also

the TWIN kakimoto system as above on gee's car is now discontinued

however they can be got, as we just bought one for someone on here

:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
you want super loud? ill sell you mine :p
Trust Type RD, has For Race Use Only stamped on it, is 4 inches front to back, no silencers or resonators anywhere :p just the back box, my car was being pushed for 1000bhp so it was necessary.
Tested it and it sang to the tune of 106Db at 4000rpm and that is with a silencer bung in the back and the middle pipe swapped for a cat pipe as it was going for an MOT at the time.
If you want loud, you should go for one of these, people could hear me coming from a very long way away.
Not completely sure, but im pretty sure it had to be custom made my Trust, cost upwards of £1200CYP at the time, oh and its stainless steel btw

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.