GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, I am now on my second GT-R and the truth is... It will be my last one. I had my first one for nearly 4 years, 78k! So I bought another. 2013 550hp version. To cut a very long story short with complaints to Mill Hill nissan and the appalling service by a rude and obnoxious service manager who has apparently left now (I pity the customers she will now be dealing with) and Nissan direct who are quite frankly an joke in customer service. My problems are and not limited to: loud clicking on full lock, really squealing breaks, and I mean really bad but apparently according to Nissn GB it's normal. Rattle from the bell housing which according to mill hill jokers is within the tolerance! No fuel warning in dash when I am getting low. :chairshot:chairshot I am at my wits end and I am now hoping I can find another HPCwhich I can trust! Any ideas/help?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
The Dunlops make a lot of noise on full lock I found and the rear diff locks quiet violently compared to my 09 with Bridgestones on

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

The Clicking is the very common problem in the link below. Its not of any worry though and the solution is to take the wheel off and apply Copper slip to the back of the wheel and hub then it goes away for a bit. I don't think anyone really knows what causes it but apart from the noise it has no affect on the car.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/164792-clicking-front-wheels-sticky.html
Ahhh, thanks. As long as it's not serious like driveshaft stripping or something horrendous like that. Another epic fail for Mill Hill jesters!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Good morning all, I am now on my second GT-R and the truth is... It will be my last one. I had my first one for nearly 4 years, 78k! So I bought another. 2013 550hp version. To cut a very long story short with complaints to Mill Hill nissan and the appalling service by a rude and obnoxious service manager who has apparently left now (I pity the customers she will now be dealing with) and Nissan direct who are quite frankly an joke in customer service. My problems are and not limited to: loud clicking on full lock, really squealing breaks, and I mean really bad but apparently according to Nissn GB it's normal. Rattle from the bell housing which according to mill hill jokers is within the tolerance! No fuel warning in dash when I am getting low. :chairshot:chairshot I am at my wits end and I am now hoping I can find another HPCwhich I can trust! Any ideas/help?
Go to Middlehurst. They give a fantastic service for warranty work and will have your car fixed in a jiffy with no fuss. Speak to John, the service manager. They are the best HPC in the UK.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So you had your last one for 4 years and 78k, the bell housing lasted that long and it never clicked on full lock :confused:
J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts