GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to the GTR Forum and having read threads along similar lines, there appears to be a plethora of choices in terms of exhaust mods from an equally large number of tuning houses and wanted to enquire as to what the general consenus is in terms of what Forum members have opted for.

From what I've seen the products from GTC stuff seem to be a popular route for a lot of GTR drivers looking to achieve extra power and a more interesting exhaust note.

What are you running folks?

Cheers,

JR.

·
Registered
634 Posts
As you say there are many different options. The GTC full system is very good from the feedback. The Akropavitch (spelling) has just been fitted to a members car and again has offered up some excellent results but it really depends on what you are looking for.

I just wanted a better sound so went for a Y Pipe - these open up the sounds and will not give a performance gain without a remap. The options for this are again vast but Miltek and GTC seem to be the most popular.

HTH

Kp

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I had the original Willall racing Y-pipe fitted from new, now unavailable but similar in result to almost all y-pipes. I've now switched to a full GTC Titan Titanium system.

My 2p worth...

Y-Pipes

Result: Deeper sound, with a meaty growl and a touch of resonance in the cabin. At what speed/rev and the volume will depend upon the y-pipe brand.

Conclusion: A very cheap way to vastly improve the sound of your GTR.

Full system

Result: With Titanium you get a more distinctive sound, in the case of my GTC system, a wondrous rushing sound at high revs. This is particular to titanium. I have no experience of a full SS system, so I'm no help there, sorry!

Conclusion: A lot more money for a different sound and a change in the look of the tips.

Using either will allow you to maximise the Stage 2 map on the COBB acessport and release another 50-80 bhp and more torque.

If all you're after is a change in exhaust note, a y-pipe is a very economical and efficient way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Really, the first mod on the list for a GT-R is the Y pipe TOGETHER with the COBB access port. Major gains are made and the blokes over at GTC are very helpful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts