GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tuner fitted a 4 point race harness and took the seat out but forgot to reset the airbag light. It will be reset soon but meanwhile it flashes and l can hear a loud regular ticking - does it also make an audible warning?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one. Vodafone confirmed Tracker and Sync'd both fobs remotely. Appreciate your help.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,118 Posts
Yep, the tracker.

The NHPC where I bought mine from told me that was the noise of the fuel pump priming. And Nissan wonders why hardly anyone uses them !

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I doubt ecutek will switch off the airbag warning, how come he took the seat out? the bolts holding the seat in are not the correct way to fit the harness! Ideally you need a harness bar or cage but you can remove the rear seat and use the factory belt mounts , this puts the shoulder harness at a much better angle.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
I doubt ecutek will switch off the airbag warning, how come he took the seat out? the bolts holding the seat in are not the correct way to fit the harness! Ideally you need a harness bar or cage but you can remove the rear seat and use the factory belt mounts , this puts the shoulder harness at a much better angle.
John is correct in this, 4 point harness needs the correct fitting points, if the angle of the shoulder straps is incorrect in a minor impact you will break both collar bones which then get pulled downwards and can puncture the lungs.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, race harness is attached at the rear seat points and I can remove the driver side rear seat when using it. Not sure about resetting the airbag with my Ecutek dongle, could not see the option. Possibly Ecutek tuner or Nissan Consult required?

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I was in the process of doing my audio install so I feel sure I would have switched it on as I was testing the DSP... maybe I just got lucky?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Maybe your air bags are not working because it would be on if the seat was out and full ign switched on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts