GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, great forum! I'm looking at a 91 gtr with 95k. Turbo failed at 80k and both were replaced. About the same time a bit of a missfire at low rpm noticed, no noticeable loss of power or other sign. Condition has remained unchanged since. Compression shows no.6 down to 90psi. May be hissing a bit from exhaust valve on comp. test, but hard to tell. What am I potentially looking at? Valve/piston/cylinder damage? Car is great otherwise, and a good price if not too expensive to repair this problem. Thanks anyone that can give me some advice! Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Low Compression One Cylinder

Hi again!
I was a little curious that noone had responded to my post until I read my query again, and notice that I had signed it with my name, which really is "Randy"! Realizing that most of you are in Britain, I hope you are not offended by my given name, because I understand that in Britain randy is a condition, and not an appropriate name to give your child! (but my wife says I was appropriately named!) So, sorry! However I would so much appreciate some advice re: my question if any of you might be able to help. Thank you so much. "Randall"

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What turbos are were on it when they failed? if they were stock, then theres a chance the compressor wheel broke up and apon liftoff a small piece managed to get back towards trhe valves and cause damage.

other option is that the piston is damaged due to above or simply bad fueling.

hope that helps a little.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
your low compression on No6 is due to your turbo failure. There will be valve seat, piston and bore damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts