GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat's the best way to improve the low end torque?

before installation of the evc, low end is better.....(boost is set to 1.0 and before was at 0.96)

is it the higher the boost, the weaker the low end?

michael.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
low end torque

say if i take out my apexi super intake intake system and put back the arc air box, how much diff. will that be on comparison w/ current setup?

the car is just too slow when going below 4000rpm.
tks.

michael.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What turbos and other mods are on the car ?

Do you have bigger injectors ?

Do you have bigger turbos ?

I would say swapping the filters will make little if any difference.

The thing is that the RB is a low torque - high reving - turbocharged motor and it just does not have a lot of torque...

You could increase the displacement of the motor - that will increase low end torque.

Other than that---- can't really do a lot to significantly increase torque.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
low end torque

hi motorex,

tks for your reply.
this is wat i hv in my 97 vspec.

apexi twin intake, hks bov, arc intercooler, arc full titan front pipe & exhaust (no-cat), iridium plugs, nismo clutch, short shift kit, hks oil cooler kit, hks evc ([email protected] low @1.0), tein shocks & springs,

as i mentioned before, b4 installation of the evc, the lag is less noticeable, is this true?

i saw you saying that r32 & r33 running at 1.3 & 1.4 w/o modifying the turbo & the engine.

the only diff. between your cars spec. and mine is that i don't hv power fc.

pls. comment.

michael.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Low End

Hi Guys,

I plan to fit a 2.8 HKS bottom end to improve low RPM/torque. I cannot remember who has this fitted already (black R33) but I hear that it really helps getting bottom range power.

/Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: low end torque

97 GTR VSPEC said:

apexi twin intake, hks bov, arc intercooler, arc full titan front pipe & exhaust (no-cat), iridium plugs, nismo clutch, short shift kit, hks oil cooler kit, hks evc ([email protected] low @1.0), tein shocks & springs,
as i mentioned before, b4 installation of the evc, the lag is less noticeable, is this true?
The EVC should have less lag if it is setup correctly. Perhaps it is not setup correctly.

The only way you could notice more lag is if it is opening the wastegate sooner. Its possible , but if it was installed correctly then it should not.

You may be percieving more lag because it is reaching a higher boost - making more power - it seems to have less low end power off boost.

You can't say the "only" difference is the Power FC. Computer tuning is the best way to make more power. Without it you can spend thousands on parts and go slower...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
low end torque

"You may be percieving more lag because it is reaching a higher boost - making more power - it seems to have less low end power off boost. "

VERY LIKIELY .... AND I NOTICED MY RB26 IS TURNING INTO A VTEC ENGINE.........EACH GEAR SEEMS SO DAMN LONG........(FROM 3000RPM - 8000RPM TAKES LONGER THAN B4 BUT PEAK BOOST IS HIGHER)

IN HK, NOT MUCH PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO FINE TUNE THE POWER FC. (BUT OF COZ THEY KNOW HOW TO CHARGE ME THO.)

WHAT SHUD I DO IF I WANNA PROPERLY SET UP THAT THING.
TKS.

MICHAEL.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I seem to remember reading the David Yu Chronicles (in Performance Car/EVO) and conversations with Abbey that changing the camshafts and/or altering the timing will result in power from 3000rpm rather than 4000rpm (standard turbos at 1bar boost), can anyone add to this and does this mean you can have bigger turbos that kick in earlier?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
If you want more torque low down go for a OS 3.0l kit or the HKS mentioned would be good.....

....there was this concept Rb30 engine at a auto show a few years back which used both s supercharger and the twin turbos.....that should take care of pretty muchg the whole rev range!!:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
advance the inlet cam 4 degrees and Retard the exhaust can 2 degrees , that moved peak torque about 1000 rpm lower in the rev range than before in my car , although this also makes the engine run out of puff at higher RPM.
Brenhan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts