GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there guys pretty much as title suggest i'm asking for a friend as he doesn't know what it'd be worth so i thought what better than on here, will gets pics but the car looks like new lol very shiny, okay

it has done 40,000
its a black gtr with only filters and exhaust upgraded so has probably been owned over in japan as a weekend driver as the car looks very much like it probably was driven around by some old man, recently imported never got round to gettin it registered, so i also don't know the procedure with all that so any advice would be appreciated,

has the paperwork and documents with the car as he got them from overseas.

what would it be worth to someone in the uk? £4000-£5000 with such low mileage and standard condition? if you could advise me on both as it is or registered and taxed mot'd etc. as if its worth a lot more i'll have to get onto it about getting it done. i know this seems more of a question thread but the car is for sale lol will get pics up over next few days guys, but just bare with me as i am very busy with work so i hope i can get round to it fairly sharpish.

also i thought if you register it yourself then you become the technically first owner on the logbook? so if you wanted a car to keep for a while it'd be better to register in new buyers name?? i dunno if this is correct though so again just let me know thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sounds like your best bet is to either sell it unregistered and let the buyer register it, or register it in current owner's name and the buyer will be the second UK owner.

It's not like it's a brand new car and value would be affected by already having a previous owner on the V5.

As a starting point, get the import information pack from this link.

Registering an imported vehicle : Directgov - Motoring

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys quick update on this car its sold he sold it for 3400 was that too cheap? i thought it was worth atleast 4500-5000 but he didn't listen to me, this thread can be closed, however he did say his cousin should be gettin a white one in from japan which is also quite mint with about 80000 on the clock when it arrives i will make sure i get it up on here sooner.

the reason they are selling there cars is because they are moving abroad and the black one arrived last month and the other one is due next month, so if they leave and not sold the car, it will be available for viewing in leamington spa, that'll be the white one, the black one has gone to someone in ireland so maybe someone on here will know??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah can you beleive it 3400? people are asking for 3500 just for complete engine lol, well got one coming over from japan should be here next month will update as it arrives thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts