GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not entirely sure if I want to do this yet given my car is a limited edition, but I figure its something that can be changed over later..

I've got the 96 model front splitter on my R33, which isn't quite as deep as the model produced I believe 97-onwards - which I am quite keen on. If anyone fancies trading/part-ex'ing for the 96 model one, or is selling theirs I would be interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Not sure if it changed in depth at some stage but the Vspec splitter is definitely not as deep as the non-Vspec article. May be something to do with maintaining the same clearance as the Vspec is 10mm lower...?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Splitter

I too am after the same... After the previous owner mashed it I had to put a 96 (earlier) one on and there is a dirrerence in the depth and at the ends where its kinda shaped downwards..

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah PMJ, I was there when your new one was fitted :) There is definitely a marked difference between the 96 and 97-on models

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Watch out with lowered springs!

I have a 97 car and with the TRUST dow max springs its very low!

Speed bumps, kerbs and even drives are encountered with caution! There's always a scuffing sound and the token rough burnt plastic hanging from the underside of the lower lip spoiler (if you can be 4rsed to lay on the floor to inspect it that is!)

..Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts