GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question, but does anyone know (or have done before) how to remove the lower cambelt cover WITH the crank pulley in place?

Recently did a cambelt change but my belt is making a slight noise and i'm having sleepless nights about the torque of my tensioner pulley as i didnt use a torque wrench but tightened it as much as i could.
If i could remove the lower cam cover with the crank pulley in situ, then i can torque it up to satisfaction and also possibly loosen the belt slightly.

So just want to know if it's possible or if anyone has done it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Did you use a strengthened belt, as apparently they are sometimes noisier in operation. I would be surprised if it was the torque of the bolt causing the problem, could be too much tension on the belt though, as you say.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i used a Dayco strengthened belt and I suspect its the tension that's causing the slight noise. But while i have the cover off I wanted to make sure of the torque also, as when I initially tightened it I used a spanner and done it up quite tightly.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
You cannot remove the lower cover with the pulley in situ.
Why would you need to remove the cover to torque up the crank pulley bolt?

·
Registered
509 Posts
if you tightened it as much as you could with a spanner then your fine as that all i use

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mate. Hope it holds up well....drove the car to Bristol and back from London over the weekend and seems to fine so far lol :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol funny enough I was actually thinking about that and should have done it before I put the cover back on..doh!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts