GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - collected the car on Thursday from the dealer although didn't notice it had a bit of paint at the front. Whilst I accept most cars will have had some at some point, the quality of this looks pretty poor to me - a bit difficult to make out with my rubbish camera, but there's over-spray on what looks like badly finished filler.

Bit annoyed with myself that I didn't spot it when I went to see the car, although I have only had it a few days and have e-mailed the dealer.

Whilst the advert doesn't specifically mention the bodywork, can I insist the dealer repaint it at their expense? I don't want to return the car as I really like it, but I think this is shoddy on a 45k car.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
If you were given adequate opportunity to inspect it (as in you looked at it) then I think you have no rights for a refund or contribution. if it was a distance sell so bought on description then I think you have every right to go back to them.

It's worth a discussion to see what they say but if they were to do anything then it would be at their discretion.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thank you for this advice.

I have discussed it with the dealer and their response was "I am happy to admit the vehicle to our bodyshop department for inspection and offer a substantially discounted quote for any repairs you deem necessary as a compromise?"

I believe this is a generous offer and will be taking them up on it.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Sounds good. Just need to make sure the 'substantially discounted price' is indeed a good price. And perhaps that it wasn't them that did the work in the first place :chuckle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts