GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the need of more headroom and have been waiting for half a year for Cobra to make a new bracket for their Misano seat. Feels like it might take a long time still so I'm now looking at alternative brackets. Have found one from Planted Technology. Here are links to the brackets:
Left hand drive driver side
Left hand drive passenger side
(although the photos look the same)

Questions:

1. Are the left and right hand drive cars the same in floor for the seat fittings? I.e. can I order the passenger bracket and fit that for my driver side? (I want to start with just buying the driver seat to make sure I like it)

2. And are there differences between the floor of the CBA and DBA? (mine is a 2012 DBA)

3. Can anyone with experience of aftermarket seats comment on the look of the brackets, will I definitely get more headroom with them and Misano seats?

4. Any other suggestions for different brackets or seats?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ive got a Tillet carbon seat and a AMS seat base bracket.
The floors are miles different right to left hand side,
The right hand side has one of the props going next to it,
My seat has given me another 3" head room, but it is fixed in place with no runners fitted.

Goldie

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
My seat has given me another 3" head room, but it is fixed in place with no runners fitted.

Goldie
I could see over the dash with how you had your seat set! All I could see was the steering wheel and sky...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Goldie
Think it got confusing with left and right hand drive/side. I know that the floor are different on right and left hand side of the car. The question is if they're different between right and left hand drive cars. Since the brackets I've found are made in America I'm pretty sure they've not thought about UK right hand drive...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FRED

My seat base came direct from AMS in the states, So no problems i can think of.

Theres me and ANT running the same seat set up.. your over his way as well.. im sure hell be along soon and invite you to see his seats,

Goldie

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FRED

My seat base came direct from AMS in the states, So no problems i can think of.

Theres me and ANT running the same seat set up.. your over his way as well.. im sure hell be along soon and invite you to see his seats,

Goldie
Thanks, that's good to know :)

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Yep those brackets look good to fit a uk rhd car.
I fitted my bride/cusco ones without any issue, but did use specific brackets. The bolt pattern for both sides is different as you can see on the pics.. Removing the oem seats is quite straightforward, losen the bolts before disconnecting the battery ;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I never disconnected the battery doing mine,
But when you will need to put a resister in the wiring loom or you will get dash lights coming up.
Very easy fix, but i cant remember the resister size,

Goldie

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep those brackets look good to fit a uk rhd car.
I fitted my bride/cusco ones without any issue, but did use specific brackets. The bolt pattern for both sides is different as you can see on the pics.. Removing the oem seats is quite straightforward, losen the bolts before disconnecting the battery ;)
Good advice, but I'm not sure you need to disconnect the battery. I didn't when I had the passenger seat out for the audio. Had no issues with the airbag sensors but I made sure not to turn on the ignition.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Fred

Im 6'5 and without the rails fitted. i have more than enough head room .
i can fit in with crash helmet on for track days.
I dont live too far from you but on hoilday, If you can wait till i get back,
Your more than welcome to have a look and sit in my car.
The AMS base is really a work of atr. and very very well made.

Goldie

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Goldie. I'm also 6'5, there's no way I'd be able to wear a helmet with standard seat setup.

Agree that the AMS looks very good but it's quite a bit more expensive than the Planted tech bracket so I'll probably go with it instead -hope they wouldn't sell a product that wasn't strong enough...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks Goldie. I'm also 6'5, there's no way I'd be able to wear a helmet with standard seat setup.

Agree that the AMS looks very good but it's quite a bit more expensive than the Planted tech bracket so I'll probably go with it instead -hope they wouldn't sell a product that wasn't strong enough...
Thatcham reaserch only test cars up to 70 MPH
your cars very close to 200 mph,,
Be it on your head,, excuse the pun

GOLDIE

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've now ordered the Misano seats. If anyone is interested in my oem seats they will be up for sale shortly. 8000miles 2012 seats...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thats what i had to do, and have them welded in place,
Even with my carbon Tillet race seat with no padding its still tight.

Goldie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts