GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am in a bit of a weary situation. The road heading to my house is rather bumpy, further the many speed bumps (often steep) are making me worry at all times, so the Sky is sitting quite high (which are at odds of how its suppose to look :p ).

I am wondering who and if there any sump protection kits for the Trust sump or similar kits that also require some added protection.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I would also like a sump protection :)

Kinda tired of this happening, twice for me, and on trackdays the kurbs scrape the sump.... :bawling:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Been lucky both times, first time i hit a big rock, and it got stuck in the sump, keeping most of the oil inside the sump

Second time it crakcked, making a very small oil-leak.

Both times i could feel it in the car that i had damaged the sump, so i very quickly turned engine off.

Thinking of re-designing the sump, make it wider, and not so low.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Trust sump extentions are not the best, Ive always wondered why , if people can tig ally, they would even use one ....
I mean if you are going to weld that part on, why not make a sump thats wide but only slightly lower than stock.
Like mine ...
Like Rob copied ...

:)
I also run a sump guard ...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trust sump extentions are not the best, Ive always wondered why , if people can tig ally, they would even use one ....
I mean if you are going to weld that part on, why not make a sump thats wide but only slightly lower than stock.
Like mine ...
Like Rob copied ...

I know that now too. I have seen 9l sumps which are much wider. But having to switch over after just 6 months. Id rather use a protection that can really take a beating, than having to switch the whole sump :bawling:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Make up a 6mm ally guard and bolt it under the crossmember
I welded a couple of tags on my crossmember to pick up the back of the guard.
Easy

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Like mine ...
Like Rob copied ...

Like we copied too Glenn. :nervous:
Great design though!
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Like mine ...
Like Rob copied ...

Pic`s or it didn`t happen!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Like mine ...
Like Rob copied ...
Them be fighting words right there or just another dig for a bite, lol.

I don't believe I saw your sump before I started making my own and I'm very sure the way I have always done my sumps is nothing like how you did yours?

Care to compare :D

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Yeah bit busy at the moment........usual xmas rush, have a good one.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I need one. My Trust sump has taken scrapes, but blows to the sump bolt stripped it out. It was going slowly, so I knew when it was going to lose it. And lose it, it did. Had to get a tow as I had pulled over, fearing the worst, and literally saw the bolt fall out and 9 liters of hot oil just gushed out into the gutter.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
just a silly question does the r34 have any problems when the trust sump is fitted to fit the protecting undercover?

asim please sent me the link where you have installed the trust sump so i can see how you cut the stock one please.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts