GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to lower an R33 Vspec so that the wheels/tyres fill the arches. Anyone got any ideas on:
a) what I need to do (presumably change the springs?)
b) cost
c) where to get it done.

thanks

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Fred,
If you are just after springs to get the asthetics right,
I can highly recommend HSK Super Form Springs.

I have had them fitted to my 32 and the look the nutz.

Front lowered by 22mm, rear 17mm. This brought the car
perfectly horizontal, as the nose is usually higher than rear.
The spring rates have only gone up only 15-20%.

They cost me 300 quid plus fitting.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone had any experience with Trust lowering springs? Even better does anyone have a comparison between Trust and the HKS springs Scott has referred to?

thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fred,

I have just had the Trust Dow Max springs fitted to my car by Abbey and I am extremely pleased with the results.

The springs lowered the car by 25mm at the rear and 30mm at the front (mine is a non-vspec so I imagine yours would drop slightly less ) and made the ride much more solid.

I can feel the bumps on bad roads more now but this is easily compensated for by the total lack of body roll in the corners.

The car feels much more pointy and agile now and the level of grip has increased massively. I still can't believe how much more grip the car has just by simply changing the springs
:D

I would highly recommend the Trust springs although I cannot compare them with HKS as I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Trust Springs

Durzel,

I had the Trust spring kit fitted to my R33 V-Spec by Abbey last summer. Very pleased with them. Lowered enough to fill the arches.. much lesss body roll on hard cornering.

As for cost: £120 + vat for fitting... What does Scott know that I don't? mad: :mad

Spring Kit: £285 + vat

Total £475.88 inc.vat

Vincenzo

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trust springs

Spoke to Tony at Abbey. He thought the Trust springs were better suited to UK roads than the HKS springs - but your comments still invited.

As for cost, Scott's car is an R32 - easier to replace rear springs than an R33.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trust springs

Spoke to Tony at Abbey. He thought the Trust springs were better suited to UK roads than the HKS springs - but your comments still invited.

As for cost, Scott's car is an R32 - easier to replace rear springs than an R33.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think I paid about £500 when I had them done but don't know exactly as I had them done along with a few other mods ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts