GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time member and lurker, frequent owner, rare forum poster - that will change.

So, got a call I wasn't expecting Wednesday morning, Ian at Litchfield's rang to say that they were finishing up the LM20 and I'd be able to collect as he knew it was my day off as opposed to Friday, I changed my non existent plans, frantically jumped in the shower, got dressed, picked up my old man and off we headed to begin our slug across to Litchfield's, stopped briefly but made it across in just over two and a half hours. I have been to Litchfield's a few times over the years but this time obviously felt a little different, on arrival we were greeted by the usual sea of GT-R's (it's like heaven for GT-R fanatics as you spot the tell tale signs of how highly modified one is from the next) naturally I was on the lookout for my LM20, scanned left, right, and out of the corner of my eye spotted it in the washing bay, being prepped. Oh my.

As you'll I'm sure notice the car is currently sporting it's winter wheels TSW Nurburgring's as Litchfield await the arrival of my Ray's Engineering wheels from Japan with a fresh set of Michelin Pilot 4S, had a massive toss up on colour for the LM20 as we've had a few but it came down to being between Black (the colour of the first R35 I had back in 2009 and DMG the colour of my most recent, my heart said black, but my head won, the contrast of all the carbon exterior parts Litchfield's fit to the LM20 (rear bumper inserts, spoiler, front splitter etc) makes for a stunning contrast - glad the head won this time. Today was the first time I had a nose around a customer LM20 as I drove their demo/prototype just after the new year before ordering, the alcantara re-trimmed steering wheel is a gorgeous touch and all the carbon oozes class, especially the number plaque which finishes off the inside nicely. Naturally going off our previous meetings but not taking into account excitement Ian expected me to be late as usual, so my blast up in the RS took them by surprise as they were still prepping the car for collection, no rush as I spent my time there wondering around the place in sheer awe of what's going on, had a chat with a few other owners and even got my old man (unprofessionally) washing the RS, before I looked at the clock we'd been there nearly three hours, the car was almost ready, just needed Ian to road test it, do some map tweaking and a quick clutch relearn and then I'd be off.

Hand over took all of about 30 milliseconds I rolled the car back along side the RS for a few photos before filtering out of Gloucester and down the A40 back towards London; I'll save all the driving impressions for those who might be interested for another time.

Current plans are to enjoy #3 in its 'standard' 675/615 guise for now and do some data logging on private roads of course; then back to Litchfield's for Quaife front diff, Litchfield's manifold and LM800 turbo kit, in the meantime It's having a ghost immobiliser and tracker fitted (Got one on my Focus RS and it's a brilliant bit of kit) I've got a few cosmetic bits planned, carbon everywhere - mirrors, vents, side blades etc, I'll debadge the Nissan emblem as I think it clutters the back end with the new spoiler lip and the two Litchfield emblems, and lastly of course the Ray's wheels in a bold colour whenever they turn up.

The drive home was unreal, the sound is EPIC, the way it drives on Litchfield's suspension (I already knew) is perfect :thumbsup:

Outside 1.jpg

Outside 2.jpg

Outside 3.jpg

Inside 1.jpg

Inside 2.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great to read about our LM! It would be good to hear more about how it drives once you've done a few more miles.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
looks superb! Congrats!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind comments chaps, as above woke up early today and made the trip up to Northampton to get a Ghost immobiliser and tracker fitted by Chris at Veil Tuning who sorted out my RS; highly recommend the ghost, it's unobtrusive, easy to use and gives me the peace of mind I need to leave the cars and not worry. Easily the best GT-R I've owned, still pottering around will get some initial impressions up when I've spent more time behind the wheel

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Awesome car!!

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the LM20's came with Rays..?

...also are TSW's not a cheap chavvy Chinese cloning brand wheel (similar to Wolfrace and the likes..??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome car!!

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the LM20's came with Rays..?

...also are TSW's not a cheap chavvy Chinese cloning brand wheel (similar to Wolfrace and the likes..??
They do, as posted in the LM20 general thread; Litchfield were having trouble sourcing the wheels, rather than wait and waste the road tax as the car was registered when they picked it up and started building it, I gave them my winter set and I'll swap them over when they come in

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ghost is a good idea but you can achieve the same with Ecutek valet mode.

If you do that you can then get the ccc iPhone/apple watch remote start.
Yeah I know, I've got the dongle etc; the only thing for me was the fact I'd have to switch to valet mode every time I got out of the car - whereas the ghost arms within 5 seconds and I never have to think about it again, the Ecutek app is quality

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So update, kind of; nothing exciting really still being gentle with the car through its first 1200 before it's optimisation - got around to debadging the Nissan emblem last week (not to some people's tastes I know) but the added Litchfield badges on the LM20, the GT-R badge on the right and the addition of the carbon lip spoiler made the rear end look a bit unbalanced in my opinion, prefer it as it stands now ;)

GTR2.jpg

GTR.jpg

GTR1.jpg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts