GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Took me R33 GTR V-Spec P reg for it M.O.T today and it failed on emissions (with the cat on):bawling: First on fast idle test getting a 1.64 CO then on natural idle again getting a 2.29 CO.

Ive tried a search to see other peoples problems with not alot of luck to be honest. I read that as long as its under 3.50 its fine on imports???? im unsure.

What do i do.......buy a new cat??? does it mean my cat has had it?

Advice please.

Mikey

·
Registered
656 Posts
have heard somewhere that you disconect an injector an up the idle to compensate, less fuel=less emissions !!!!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I'd suggest you start a thread like mine & get in touch with people via PM ;)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/105382-gtr-friendly-mot-place-herts.html

At the time Tweenie contacted me but I already passed the car's MOT, so I got no idea who he was using :(

I don't know about the injector, but I got an Endless surge tank (on my ex-GTR) and was told to disconnect a small tube/pipe on the front and it would reduce the amount of CO2 produced, apparently that's how you pass the Shaken in Japan... :nervous: lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good quality injector cleaner, put it in just before ya get to test station, with very little fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Elkichi, ok well i guess if anyine no's of anything PM me or is someone can help PM me also.

Mikey

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This is a public forum & people read on here, as I said start a new thread in the garage section like I did & you'll get some help via PM ;)

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Just take it to a Skyline tuner and get them to put it through.

Pm me where you are in West Sussex-may have a idea.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i started a thread on this last week

i failed emmissions too got 1.88% at idle and 4.90% at fast idle for my co

what reading was your lambda? i got 0.864

reckon the o2 sensors are shagged, i cant see them switching on the commander

have two new ones on the way, will update my thread with results

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dont you care about the environment?

Your right!
I should sell my R33 and get a hybrid,- hang on! that means I drive a crap car and someone else is driving my R33!!
What is the person who sold me the hybrid now driving?
Buying and selling cars is going to do sweet FA, as we all know!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
as said injecter cleaner and take your car for a fairly long run first, the emissions are lower when the cars fairly warm.

hope you get it sorted must be really frustrating

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi guys,

Took me R33 GTR V-Spec P reg for it M.O.T today and it failed on emissions (with the cat on):bawling: First on fast idle test getting a 1.64 CO then on natural idle again getting a 2.29 CO.

Ive tried a search to see other peoples problems with not alot of luck to be honest. I read that as long as its under 3.50 its fine on imports???? im unsure.

What do i do.......buy a new cat??? does it mean my cat has had it?

Advice please.

Mikey
How many times did they try? as tacha said, the cat needs to be red hot in order to work properly, I would check that the guts of the cat hasnt blown out, also you could disconnect a vacuum pipe, this should help lean out the mixture a little. Lambda wants to be close to 1.000

By the way the 3.5 limit only applies to the R32 as there are no limits in the mot software for the R32, however R33 and R34 do have limits. :(

Alex

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was tried only once. Car was as hot as a 4min drive and a couple of tick overs. Maybe ill get the car warmer and take it back:nervous:

And just for the record it is rubbish one small tiny things and noooo your car is not road worthy. I only use it a few times a bloody week:chairshot

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Have pm'd you-imho that is your best option

1 - 20 of 26 Posts