GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to Leeds tomorrow, total distance 254 miles from my house.

Given my car usually does 160 ish urban miles on a tank (17.17 gallon tank, 9.31 mpg *ouch*) do you reckon I'll make it to junction 30 of the M1? :)

Code:
Time	Mile	Instruction	For	Toward
Summary:  254.0 miles (4 hours, 31 minutes)
11:00	193.1	Bear LEFT (South) onto M1	4.8 mi	
[COLOR=limegreen][b]11:03	197.9	Arrive M1 Exit 30[/b][/COLOR]		
11:33	197.9	Depart M1 Exit 30 on Ramp (South)	0.3 mi	A616 / Chesterfield / Newark

SUMMARY
Driving distance:  254.0 miles
Trip duration:  4 hours, 31 minutes
Driving time:  4 hours, 1 minute
Cost:  £55.38
Does 160 miles seem reasonable on a tank doing urban driving (stop-start) ?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Urh?

Petrol worries? - Skyline?

You got the wrong car, thats what bigger injectors mean, more fuel.

In the quest for power you must forget consumption of fuel, you think you got worries, ask Gary how much fuel 714hp takes to achieve then you know the meaning of bad fuel consumption.

Hes just put in a bid for Shell UK, will work out cheaper that way.:p

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
consumption

I still get more than 160 mls per tank in normal use though, but it dont get used normally very much:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Durzel

I see you have got your larger injectors then ..............

Try if possible to cruise at just under 80mph or wherever you are just at the point where you are about to come on boost .This should help tremendously with the fuel consumtion !;)

BTW I thought you never broke the speed limit by your comments made on some of the threads !:D

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MPG

WHEN I CAME HOME FROM ROD BELL MOTORSPORT
WITH MY CAR REMAPPED IT DONE 370 MILES ON 1 1/2 TANKS
SITTING AT AROUND 100 MPH FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS
WITH 545 BHP AND WHEN I GOT HOME THE BACK OF MY WHITE CAR WAS NOT COVERED IN BLACK UNBURNT FUEL.
IT WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE, ROD SET UP THE AIR FUEL RATIO
WITH HIS TRICK 5 WIRE WIDE BAND SET UP THAT HE CAN DATA LOG THE FUELING WITH THIS ROD FOUND OVER 60 BHP.
MY 550 INJECTORS WERE RUNNING AT 100% BEFORE.
NOW AT 1.5 BAR BOOST THEY RUN AROUND THE 83%.
IF YOUR CAR IS RUNNING TO RICH YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE MOST POWER OUT OF IT.
SO WITH MY NEW ACTUATORS FITTED IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE HOW MUCH POWER CAN BE FOUND OUT OF A CAR WITH STEP 1 CAMS AND 550 INJECTORS AND A PAIR OF 2532 1/2s.

ON A RUN AT ABOUT 70 - 80 I CAN GET 23 - 25 MPG

KEITH

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
MPG

Sounds very good Keith.

Isn't it dangerous if the car is run lean for prolonged periods though ? What readings do you normally get on your exhaust/water/oil gauges when cruising at the speeds you mentioned ?

What effect will the actuators have ?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MPG

PAUL AT 100 MPH I WILL SEE AROUND THE 850 DEGREES
ON THE EGT
MY OIL IS AT ABOUT 80-90 DEGREES AND THE WATER IS AS NORMAL.
THE CAR IS RUNNING AT 11-1 AFR

AS FOR THE HKS ACTUATORS THEY CAN NOW HOLD 1.6 BAR BOOST ALL THE WAY TO 8000 REVS THE STD ONES WERE NOT HOLDING ON TO THE BOOST AT HIGH REVS.

KEITH

·
Registered
285 Posts
MPG

My R33 averages around 20mpg.........
this is usually 'A' & 'B' roads with motorway sometimes.
If I'm doing mostly motorways and stick to 80-95mph
I can get upto 24mpg, 17-18 on short trips on slow roads.

This is perhaps not a fair comparison to the above tuned
cars, but it's my 'everyday' car, and I'm an 'old git' who
doesn't have to prove anything anymore.

Covered about 47,000 miles now with 400bhp.
Rod Bell has just renewed the clutch for the first time,
(highly recommend Rod for quality work and fair prices):D

happy motoring

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
24 - 25 mpg at best on mine (80 mph cruise on motorway off boost). On a/b roads (as I will be doing saturday) I do not check as I would rather not know mpg then:D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Leed? Just round the corner.

Another GTR up this end of the country then Durzel? That's strange. ;)

I once got 260 miles to a tank, so I reckon you'll do it without filling up if you stick to 80 / 90mph.

Keith,

Certainly sounds good. The back of my white car is *always* covered in black unburnt fuel. I really am going to have to see Rod soon, unfortunately there is a fundage problem at the moment. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa.. where did I say I was concerned about petrol Dirk? I couldn't care less about it :)

I'm just asking whether anyone thinks I should schedule a stop in before that (and by definition try to find a SUL/Optimax station before J30 M1 on the way) or whether anyone thinks I will be ok...

Paul: No - haven't got larger injectors yet, all part of the grand plan due in a few months :)

Thanks for all the feedback people.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MPG

DURZEL YOUR CAR MUST BE RUNNING WAY TO RICH
MY LAST CAR WAS ON STD INJECTORS AND RUNNING 1.3 BAR BOOST WITH THE APEXI POWER FC,
RUN AT 100% INJ DUTY AT 7800 REVS,
ON A RUN I WOULD SEE AROUND 24 MPG.

SIMON IF YOU DONT HAVE A POWER FC OR A ECU THAT CAN BE
FULLY MAPPED,ROD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO MUCH WITH THE MAPS THAT YOUR CAR IS RUNNING ON.
BEST GO AND BUY ONE SIMON THEN MAKE THE TRIP WEST

KEITH

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Draxx,

I struggle to get over 20 with my GTS25T :eek:

But I'm going to go visit RB next week and from what Keith's saying I shouldn't be having to stop for fuel on the way home :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hmm Ill raise the ecotek option, especially seeing it might actually be a good option for the non turbos - It worked a treat on my old Primera better low rev performance and better fuel consumption, Ive just be nervous getting one with my turbo and a Jap Hicas.

http://www.ecotekplc.com/

·
Registered
592 Posts
Matt

Worked a treat for me I used to get an extra 20-30 miles out of it and the low end felt a hell of alot better - the percentage fuel saving seemed to go up the faster you went aswell.

That was with a 2.0 sri Primera though!!!

I never noticed any draw backs, the only thing is the noise but you can pay extra for a filter to cut that out, one other thing is that a scooby managed to get a MOT with no cat after fitting one..

·
Registered
905 Posts
Jason

Let me know how it goes, I may well be interested.....

Think the main drawback on my car regarding the MPG is the Auto Box, no control over the bloody thing......

Si

1 - 20 of 34 Posts