GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the bling bling french mag. MODIFY . . . I was surprised to see your Midnight Purple III inside,it's yours isn't it?
Dino did once again a nice job for the pictures. . .:clap:

Great car man . . .what's that story with paps, who allways does a run in your Skylines after dinner . . .:p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Love that massive front grille! Nice pics, ... congrats, Bean!!! :bowdown1:

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually Dino, do you know the guys personaly from Modify? Thier magazine has nice pictures , but much small talk . . . wich is OK , their target consumers are 18-20years old I think . . .
Thanks you and the other in japan to fill some pages every month in the european press with dream stuff from the land of the rising sun.:cool:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the same magazine,
Dino the pictures are very nice as usual and Dave your second gtr is really nice too, with nice details like the rear do luck wing mounts.

In France average people knows so little about Japanese cars and Skylines that they do not have to make efforts about the talk.
I don't know Fred form modify but I know he was one of the first to introduce
Japanese cars and tuners like top secret in French magazines some years ago
and he went to japan a few times so he should know about these cars.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
gtrlux said:
Just bought the bling bling french mag. MODIFY . . . I was surprised to see your Midnight Purple III inside,it's yours isn't it?
Dino did once again a nice job for the pictures. . .:clap:

Great car man . . .what's that story with paps, who allways does a run in your Skylines after dinner . . .:p
Hey - thanks. I knew it had turned up in HPI in Oz but didn't know about Modify. I wish I could read French - no idea what the article says :(
Thanks for all the comments - and great work again Dino (I wonder how many places we can get thrown out of next time lol)

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bean said:
Hey - thanks. I knew it had turned up in HPI in Oz but didn't know about Modify. I wish I could read French - no idea what the article says :(
Thanks for all the comments - and great work again Dino (I wonder how many places we can get thrown out of next time lol)
Here is a quick translation of the article .. . . have to do a little french training here . . .:p

[/QUOTE]
MODIFY MAG august 2006

DAVE,do you remember? The two Skylines shown inside MODIFY number 1, (yeah, it's allready a year ago) . . . , wich oposed a R34 Twin Turbo with 718 HP to a single Turbo of 650HP . . . .
Well Volks , I let you know that Dave, english man in persone, just aquired his seconde R34, 3 weeks ago! As Dave is the kind of persones, who have real problems, he decided to offre a Skyline to his paps, who didn't stop to borrow out Daves Skylines on evening, for a 7:30PM relaxing drive . . . . I know, me too I have tears in my eyes . . .:p

MIDNIGHT PURPLE III
The idea came Dave a year ago: he was seeking for a while after the limited Midnight Purple III, color produced by Nissan to finalize the mighty R34 GTR range . . .

6 WEEKS
Once a potential car found, it was found on an auction, as usual in Japan, Dave took the car direction Top Secret, to give a little potential to the ride with Nagata-san. Small Budget, 500HP,every day driveble and a finishing above the normal . . . that where the rules set by Dave.
At perfectioniste, Dave, the car stutt 6 weeks in Chiba, to define wich parts to use fo rthe car. More passionated then this, not possible! We have to say that the idea was to create a car that would preserve the reliable proprities from the factory car, many years of fun and much kMs with regular services tought.

SUSPENSION & CHASSIS
The most work went in the things , you don't actually see,but wich you feel the most.- the chassis.
Founded in 1968 at Tochigi, the company Ikeya holds the abilities to , mount, forge, reshape metals to high performance parts for the automobile market.
It's there where Dave and Nagata-san were seeking the re-enforcement parts for the chassis , needed as the car would have much more power, considering the confort of driving ,as the UK roads are not somuch flat then the japaneses.
Of course, brakes and gear box have been changed with the same precision. I noticed the limited size o fthe wheels to 19", as some other projects went for 20", wich can fit easy the R34. Yeah but the experts know that for exemple a R33 drives the best on max 18" and a R34 on max 19"!

19" . . ONLY!
Same spirit, for the engine: an Apexi power FC, Bl;itz Boost controler SBC-i-color, was choice above the F-con V Pro from HKS,because it is mastered by many english tuners . . . Same a simple combination of cameshaft (264 o and 272 o) was also taken above the mighty HKS V-Cam kit, put inside the other R34 from Dave. . . it means to do 50000kms in a year save.( a serious guy in fact)

Exterior is exceptionel
Last but not least, you noticed the overwhelming works taken on the body. Bonnet mounts painted same then the body color, original wing with aditional carbone blade and down sized DO-Luck foots for a tighter look. Carbone diffusers, GTR sign in the middle of the back of the car, under back diffuser also in carbone, (LED lights as on his other R34) and front number plate stays in the middle of the bumper.
It's beauty, just beauty . . .

[/QUOTE]

. . . huuu that was hard, at least you can know now what the world talks about you guys . . .:p
Cheers

Chris

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bean said:
Thanks very much for the effort :bowdown1:
Looks like a bit of poetic license was used in the original article lol
You are welcome . . .

Actually what is exactly that Tochigi company?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts