GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After years of owning various ‘fast’ cars and moving from an M3, I’m finally in a position to get my first R35.

I pick it up on Saturday and can’t wait.
It’s a 2010 black, black paint with a Lichfield stage 1, full service on 36k miles.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t give me any problems … not at first anyway!

Just wanted to say hello, I live in central Scotland and it would be great to meet up with some of you guys who can introduce me to the word of R35s and keep me right!

Cheers,
Grant (Scrappy)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I still remember my first test drive of one. Got out the car and my legs were shaking! Still amazes me now (3 years later) how they seem to morph from a clunky/slightly unsettled niggly riding car at low speeds around town to such a smooth and darty car once on the move and at pace. Nissan definitely nailed it back when it was launched, must have been stunning against the competition when launched, and it's still good now after all those years (y)

Enjoy the car :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still remember my first test drive of one. Got out the car and my legs were shaking! Still amazes me now (3 years later) how they seem to morph from a clunky/slightly unsettled niggly riding car at low speeds around town to such a smooth and darty car once on the move and at pace. Nissan definitely nailed it back when it was launched, must have been stunning against the competition when launched, and it's still good now after all those years (y)

Enjoy the car :)
Unique car for sure 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys can I ask a question ... with this one having a Litchfield stage 1 with Y pipe and it starting at 479 BHP stock, what would you expect the current BHP to sit at roughly?

·
Vendor
3,580 Posts
I would‘nt bother chasing Bhp, all dyno’s will give different results. A before and after run on the same dyno will give you a good indicator of how well things have gone.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Skint is right, the dyno/tuner will produce its figure. I'd guess on a CBA then probably around 550 bhp in theory (the boost is likely to be turned up as part of the new ECU map/calibration and the y pipe adds 20-50 bhp by all accounts from what I've read on this forum, and others).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skint is right, the dyno/tuner will produce its figure. I'd guess on a CBA then probably around 550 bhp in theory (the boost is likely to be turned up as part of the new ECU map/calibration and the y pipe adds 20-50 bhp by all accounts from what I've read on this forum, and others).
Appreciate that mate

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi All,
After years of owning various ‘fast’ cars and moving from an M3, I’m finally in a position to get my first R35.

I pick it up on Saturday and can’t wait.
It’s a 2010 black, black paint with a Lichfield stage 1, full service on 36k miles.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t give me any problems … not at first anyway!

Just wanted to say hello, I live in central Scotland and it would be great to meet up with some of you guys who can introduce me to the word of R35s and keep me right!

Cheers,
Grant (Scrappy)
Congrats and an excellent purchase you've made (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys some pics added.

You weren’t wrong about it clunking and making ‘noises’! … that’ll take bit of getting use to.

Also the back end felt a bit loose, which isn’t something I’d expect, certainly didn’t feel as planted as my M3, it has Bridgestone Potenza tyres on the back and they look damn near slick in design and not a lot of wear left and it was wet!
So rather than jumping to the conclusion of bushes/suspension I’m hoping it’s because of the tyres …

·
R35 Section manager
11,227 Posts
Hi guys some pics added.

You weren’t wrong about it clunking and making ‘noises’! … that’ll take bit of getting use to.

Also the back end felt a bit loose, which isn’t something I’d expect, certainly didn’t feel as planted as my M3, it has Bridgestone Potenza tyres on the back and they look damn near slick in design and not a lot of wear left and it was wet!
So rather than jumping to the conclusion of bushes/suspension I’m hoping it’s because of the tyres …
View attachment 268775

Nice car mate.

The Bridgestone runflats in the wet are terrible. Dont be messing about with them on If its wet and they are low on tread.
If you do a search on here theres tons on info on other tyres to consider.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts