GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yeah I read about that a couple of weeks ago ... thought best not to post about it ;) (think it was on the BBC site).

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chalkie knows I'm only having a laugh. Not that he'll read this anyhow, he'll be on his own private island having suncream rubbed into his pips by some young lovelys ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Ill justy save the entire tit for tat spats that will inevitably go off by saying that I think osxwhipswindoze is a c0ck and nothing he can say will change that because he is on my ignore list.
osxwhipswindoze; sucker of satans c0ck.

Ill probably be banned for that one, tis long overdue..

:)

·
Banned
324 Posts
Yeah senna - the world can see you for what you are.

You are an expert at making yourself look stupid.

I was on your "ignore list" before and amazingly you managed to reply.... funny that. You know damn well I can bring you to your knees on any debate so you are too damn chicken to stand up. You are pathetic. Really.

:rolleyes:

As for the "virus" MENTIONED ON THE SOPHOS WEBSITE (LOL) I will say only this...

These are NOT virsues but minor OS flaws that can be exploited - whatever some of the gutter IT press says. Look at sites that know what they are talkign about like Ars Techinca for an explanation.

Oh and one other tiny detail.... NOT ONE SINGLE MAC USER HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY ANY OF THE 3 FLAWS "DISCOVERED" OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS.

A small security patch was released today in order to patch these "potential security problems".

You can quote what you like and link to what you like - there are thousands of columns of BS all about these "viruses" - it is a sorry state of affairs.

Do your research and you will see what I say is so - just like everything else I have said regarding Apple.

You can expect more of this as Apple continues to gain prominence from those scared of what is happening, and will happen. There is nothing they can do about it. hah.

Wake me up when there is a real security issue. I won't hold my breath.

We don't need to discuss Windows security - we all know the sad sorry state of affairs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
when OS X has the same number of users as Windows you will see more vulnerabilities being discovered. Todays programs are so big with so many ppl working on them at any one time that it is simply inevitable.

having used every OS I can think of for the last 20 years I can safely say that its not a matter of which one is best but of which one works best for you :D

and there will always be psycho fanatics sprouting cr4p about one or the other.

they really have nothing better to do, rather droll........

my 2 pence as usual:smokin:

·
Banned
324 Posts
BD - I tried PMing you asking if the beast had arrived but it didn't get through. Awesome specimens are they not? Installed your Sophos anti-virus yet!?? lol

JasonO - it only links to the index but I guess ur linking to the same one as BD?? Kin Hilarious!

Durzel: ummm what exactly looks very nice about Vista? Yes at LAST they are implementing some of the security features OS X has had for five years, yes they are adding some eye candy like OS X has had for five years etc etc but what exactly looks nice to you about this OS which has had its feature set pared WAY down in order to shove it out the door this year? I genuinely would like to know. There is nothing here that OS X Tiger users haven't had for over a year now. In fact some of the features that Microsoft cut out are in Tiger.

Gibraltar: Now where have I heard THAT before! *sigh* Here goes...

a) OS X has been out for 5 years with lets say currenty 4% market share. That is 4% of a HUGE market.

b) At what point do you think a virus writer would suddenly wake up? "ooh look this OS has 6% now - I will write a virus tonight!"

c) NO viruses in the wild. Not one. Zero. There are two proofs of concept in labs one of which was comissioned BY Apple!

d) Virus coders crave notoriety. As you see even fake news of a "virus" is headline news - and this hasnt even infected anyone!!!! Wouldn't some little soul at least write ONE or TWO viruses in the last 5 years!!???? Be serious man!

OS X is inherently more secure by design. Simple. To say otherwise is simply, erm, how can I put this gently, LIKE SUCKING SATANS C0CK. (It seems we are allowed to say things like that on these public boards that kids read so what the hell)

Yes of course it is about which OS works best for you - BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT DECISION WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT WHAT ALTERNATIVES ARE AVAILABLE!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Windows users: Blocking your ears, covering your eyes, and stamping your feet won't make your OS any better. Take the goddamn blinkers off and do some RESEARCH before you follow the crowd. You did it with your car so WTF can't you manage to do it with other things????

If anyone has any genuine questions you are welcome to PM me as many have done already. No I am not going to sell you anything, but I may just open you eyes to your great benefit as I have done many many people in the past who will never touch a Windows peecee again in their lives. When you "get it" it is like a dark veil has been lifted - you may think I sound mad - but those who "switch" and quite a few will this year - you will see what I mean. BECOME CLEANSED FROM SATANS C0CK!!! :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I can't be bothered to argue with people with rose-tinted specs on.

Suffice to say, as a programmer myself, anyone who believes the code behind Mac OSX or Linux or anything else is inherently more secure than Windows for that matter are deluding themselves. Windows viruses are more rampant largely because there is no real distinction between application and kernel in XP, and administrator/user privileges. Since practically everything runs in "administrator process space", any vulnerability which exploits IE or whatever can affect the whole machine.

This is defintely a mistake on Microsoft's part, which has been rectified in Vista as far as I can see (and being an official beta tester I have some frame of reference other than "omg Micro$oft suxxxx")

osxwhipswindoze said:
OS X is inherently more secure by design. Simple. To say otherwise is simply, erm, how can I put this gently, LIKE SUCKING SATANS C0CK. (It seems we are allowed to say things like that on these public boards that kids read so what the hell)
It's not ok to say it when it involves circumventing the swear word filter just so you can use the "c" word. Don't do it again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
luv the satans kok part m8 ;)

yes yes 8% yes yes secure yes yes.

my eyes are open m8, let me demonstrate :-

laptop runs linux, not just any version though, this one I compiled myself, which sounds easy but took me a little while to get it right (read 3 months of cockups chaps) main pc runs Win2K, for no other reason other than I enjoy online gaming and I have a pathological hatred towards XP. At work we have NT4, Win2K and XP, not to mention server 2003:( not by choice but rather becuase corporate havent got a ****ing clue how much they could save if they 'saw the light' and went over to the penguin instead of worshiping 'the dark one's kok'

oh, and I did try a demonstration copy of 'OS X' which I think is a step in the right direction for Apple. Such a pity though that the same reasons which made me turn away from windows and 'suking satans kok' as you so eloquently put it is going to make me turn away from OS X, if Jobs was a smart enough man, he would realise there is more money to be made from selling software than there is in selling kit.

just my 5pence worth ;)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Durzel said:
I can't be bothered to argue with people with rose-tinted specs on.

Suffice to say, as a programmer myself, anyone who believes the code behind Mac OSX or Linux or anything else is inherently more secure than Windows for that matter are deluding themselves. Windows viruses are more rampant largely because there is no real distinction between application and kernel in XP, and administrator/user privileges. Since practically everything runs in "administrator process space", any vulnerability which exploits IE or whatever can affect the whole machine.

This is defintely a mistake on Microsoft's part, which has been rectified in Vista as far as I can see (and being an official beta tester I have some frame of reference other than "omg Micro$oft suxxxx")
I was going to write something similar myself ... but couldn't be bothered because it'll get another blinkered "everything's rosey in 'mac-land'" response. :D ;) :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.