GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a two box magnex exhaust (the ones that's been going around cheap, XNS02 I think) fitted to my R33 GTS4 by Abbey, and the noise has been HORRIBLE !! Anything above 2000 rpm the car, and the air in it, vibrates som much so that the stereo might as well not have been there and I can't even hear myself think :mad: , think about a plane taking off times 10 and you might be close.

After an hour and half of raw ear drums, clattering teeth and wobbly knees, ohh sorry I meant driving I gave abbey a call after I got home, and they reckon I need another silencer pipe as I have only got one in the car at the moment.

Just wondering what experiences you have had if you fitted a similar system on your car, expecially other gts cars.

Thanks

Min

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A GTS4 has a 2.5 non-turbo engine and 4wd, it comes in both two door (like mine) and four door versions. hope this helps. I think every other models in the skyline family, apart from the GTR, has both two door and four door versions and you can't really tell which version it is from the model name, like GTSt type M, type S etc.

Min

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
worrying

That's worrying as I bought one for my R33 GTSt. I haven't fitted it yet as my car is in the garage. How much did abbey quote for an extra silencer?

Keep us informed....:mad:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
mmm...

I suppose that's not too bad. The only trouble is I am in MIlton Keynes so it tends to be a bit difficult. Anyone no somewhere close. My car is at Gt-Art at the moment but it seems a bit of a drive (with a loud exhaust) for an hours work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Magnex

I put a Magnex 2box on my R33 GTR, and it was f***ing loud from 2000-4000 RPM (motorway cruise), sounded good when booting it though,

Dave

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
How loud is loud though? Are we talking TVR loud or I'm not gonna have any ear drums left loud?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Louder inside the car than out, due to resonance, you'll find that opening the windows reduces the pain (low frequency continuous tones give me a headache). More than half an hour with the windows up and door closed was intollerable,

dave

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
how come it is so loud

Is it just this exhaust or what?

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Nismo system in my R32 GTR is much, much, much better.

So I'd have to say probably yes, it's that exhaust.....

DC

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
bugger, looks like a bit more cash for another silencer then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, that's what I found as well, it's much louder inside than outside, but on my car even with the window down my ear drums still take a battering at anything above 2000

·
Registered
520 Posts
jrpidgeon said:
A HKS Hiper with front pipes and no cat is what you call LOUD!!!.
Oooooh... I have one of those and can confirm that yes, it is indeed loud, both inside and out. :cool:

I think you should stop being so soft, the louder the better IMHO ;), if your ears aren't bleeding then it's not loud enough. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts