GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
JZA80
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use Mahle rods? Are they any good? Priced relatively cheap, trying to figure out the reliability.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Mahle make some good items and also supply to the motorsport industry. You need to know the spec and material used. How cheap is cheap? Why not go for Tomei rods?

·
Registered
JZA80
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooops, I meant Manley, not Mahle. Mahle makes pistons. Tomei costs about a grand while Manley almost twice cheaper. And they weigh less. I can't find any info about reliability.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had Manley rods, with Mahle pistons and was pushing 600hp with no problem. After about 5000 miles I did have an engine failure but it had nothing to do with the pistons or rods.

·
Registered
JZA80
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Manley rods, with Mahle pistons and was pushing 600hp with no problem. After about 5000 miles I did have an engine failure but it had nothing to do with the pistons or rods.
Thanks. I think about putting lighter rods into the engine and found Manley are the most light ones. Just had some concern they would break.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I used Manley h beams in my 500bhp civictype r, allways wished I used something better as it was in the back of my mind all the time . They done 8k miles and there still going strong with the new owner

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Nothing wrong with manley rods, also eagle rods are good too. They use the manley rods in most boosted civics in usa which are making big numbers.

Sometimes companies outsource their manufacturing, so the rods for eagle,manley etc could all come from the same factory just with a different brand name

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nothing wrong with manley rods, also eagle rods are good too. They use the manley rods in most boosted civics in usa which are making big numbers.

Sometimes companies outsource their manufacturing, so the rods for eagle,manley etc could all come from the same factory just with a different brand name
There was a lot of debates over were the Manley h beam rods come from and I think it's china, the turbo tuff h beams are made in the usa though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts