GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
In these Eco friendly times it does seem criminal that Nissan should make you change your oil when the car has done so few miles. I'd put on your green hat and suggest that they need to revist the whole 6 month nonsense. You never know! Failing that, one of the indy dealers (Litchfields eg) at probably half the cost?!

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's totally bonkers to expect oil to be changed regardless of mileage! How "green" is that?! Maybe every 6000 miles or annually would be a logical answer? I suspect the "get it back to the HPC as often as possible" approach might be seen as an opportunity to sell tyres, pads, and enything else they can find wrong with the car that has to be paid for!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Why does the uk / eu differ from other continents?

Nissan Japan Lowers the Cost of GT-R Maintenance | Nissan GT-R News - GTRBlog.com

Can some members from other continents confirm what their service schedules are, and whether the above link is true.

Personally i'm not adverse to changing my fluids every 6000 miles (10000 km), i think we all agree that changing the oil regular is good practise in a car like this. But having 6 monthly intervals when the jdm are 12 months smells of rip off britain, again.

If the above link is correct, perhaps the questions we should be asking is why are we different, is our climate so different that it effects the behaviour of the oil and it breaks down over a 6 month period. Or is it just down to the fact that the exchange rate took a turn for the worse and they want to get some money back from servicing costs.

Or is that me being cynical?
Same car, different servicing? Can't be fair. I'd love to hear why we are being messed about. Don't use the HPC's for the 6 monthly con, they can't make you!

·
Registered
690 Posts
The real issue here is that many of us bought the car on the strength of Nissan's blurb (Porsche beater, everyday supercar etc etc) but I wasn't told about the warranty exclusions and service requirements until the day I collected the car! I was then asked to sign and agree to all the temperature and track day nonsense. I don't see that in any Porsche manual.....nor a 6 monthly service requirement!

If the 6 month rule has been dropped elsewhere it can be dropped here. Climate differences my arse!

Guy. Are you still in contact with Nissan GB? This does all sound very strange! How can Nissan insist an oil change at 6 months on a car doing 2-3 thousand miles!? I know the car is hardly eco friendly but that seems an awful waste of good oil!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would love to see how all our signed disclaimers would stand up in court, surely your equipment must meet the standards as advertised. Does this mean Nissan is actively encouraging us to use excessive speed on public roads, by having us to sign a disclaimer for areas where we might just get to use the vehicle as designed, not racing just driving.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I don't think there has been a UK warranty issue thus far??

I was asked to sign the disclaimer under pressure (i.e. having paid for the car and not being allowed to drive it away without agreeing to sign) and to date I have had nothing from Nissan with the latest updated warranty information. I feel pretty confident any court would agree I 've got a case should Nissan ever start to wave the warranty flag at me.

I know it's incredibly tedious, but keep calling Nissan and vent your anger at parts prices and service requirements. Prices will come down if enough people make contact (prices already are) but it's still silly money. Keep the independents busy as well, places like Litchfield's deserve support for offering realistic prices. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nope.

Here's the breakdown.
oil £52.50+vat
filter £7+vat
sump washer£1.31+vat
labour30+vat

Will be done while i wait. Around 30mins.

As i keep banging on. Not all HPC's are equal. This was all done over email
eg
Me: Darren, can you ask Nissan about 6 month service as i'll be at 3k please?
Darren: Minimum engine oil and filter recommended
Me: Excellent. What price and can you do while waiting.
Darren: (See above for price), sure no problem, takes 30mins just let me know when
Me: Thanks very much - see you soon.

Honestly, for me it doesn't get any better. Nobles have to applauded for that.
That's brilliant but it would seem Nobles have decided that an oil top up is all that is required (which it is).......so why do Nissan keep p**ing us all off with all this change the oil or you're doomed nonsense!?

P.S or have I read it wrong and oil is so much less than it was??

·
Registered
690 Posts
That blog says it was always 12 months in Japan. Can we get some confirmation from anyone in Japan?
??? Can't we ask Nissan GB?? If the servicing schedule is more relaxed in Japan Nissan cannot enforce the 6 month rule in the EU. I'm going to get mine serviced at 6000 or 12 months and with the money I save use it to take Nissan to court if I ever need to.

I'm still waiting for a warranty booklet with the revised temp and tranny rules going back months! To date I have a booklet with a few sticky pages added with the first round of revised nonsense! Having said that I've not heard of any warranty issues in the uk on here?? Anyone??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.