GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have spoken to my local HPC regarding this subject, I will normally cover 6,000 miles per year. So in effect, under current "W" rules I need to service every 3,000 miles and have pre and post track services. I know this was being discussed with Nissan, hopefully commen sense will prevail.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In conversation with the owner of my local HPC, he did mention that Nissan were looking into these issues. I shall confirm next time I am through in Edinburgh, likely next week.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lets also put this into perspective, the requirement is a 6k service at circa £200 on a £50k+ supercar, so it's not exactly a scandal. Its also the same as you'll pay in road-tax for the same period in the UK.
I agree Guy but (I don't have the service interval costs to hand) but for us who are running low mileage then there is a cost issue in year 2 and 3 when the big services kick in. I have no issue with the service cost but from where I am sitting there is nothing that is being done or changed out that is "time dependant".

I am happy with 6k interval (service costs are expensive but I am happy to pay.....and I'm Scottish) but as I think we all agree every 2-3k is madness. I am surprised with all the computing power within the car it was not set up to indicate miles to service in relation to how we drive, similar to other manufactures.

I will send a formal email to Nobles right away. Having seen Nissan's response to other more pressing matters I would honestly expect them to re-think this interval.

BTW what is done on a pre-track inspection, is this really required or would the post track inspection be sufficient?
I am thinking my skill level may not require geometry change for me to reach my GRIN level.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just had mine serviced this week. 9 months old, 5,000 miles no problems, no mention of warranty issues being affected. Also advised that next service due at 11,000 miles or August when the car will be 15 months. The 6 month 6,000 mile rule is I believe just a general guide and common sense prevails. It's the initial and annual optimisation checks that are the ones that need to be strictly adhered to to keep the warranty intact I wold expect.
Yeah right, wait till something goes wrong. I have raised this several times and it is very clear in the manual and the HPC's interpretation guide reveals you require a time based service every 6 months if you have not reached the millage that would trigger a service.

General guide and common sense repair, try that one with Nissan, BMW or Porsche.....................trust me I have discussed this at lenght. :blahblah:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lindsay i got an email today reminding me i could use concierge, so i've also raised the issue with [email protected] Nobles. He's said he will raise the issues with Nissan in the next week and get back to me. I also mention the black paint issue.

I'm only at 2k at the mo, although planning a trip to London in the beast in 2 weeks.

If you pm with an email address I can send you the email I send Nobles, Nissan are taking the piss with maintenance and parts price. A Porsche beater!!!!! I am having my doubts, did not have to sign a disclaimer when you pick up a new Porsche, parts prices are much less with Porsche, maintenance with Porsche is at least thought out and logical, millage with a minimum service every 2 years. GTR great car, Nissan shit company......................as you can see I am getting irate!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is the email address...
[email protected]
It is email of Nissan Center Europe, so it is kind of their Headquaters (something above the HPC)
I got this address long time before my car arrived, while I had some issues with my order.
We could contact them directly, write some petition with our VIN or something...
I suggest that we all write the same email with our specific data (Name, VIN) and that we send it from our email on the same day...:squintdan:smokin:
When I contacted them a mont ago, I got a call and the woman was saying that crap about the climate differences etc...
But maybe they would ask themselves a question if they get 300 emails in one day...
Lets get a plan together then, I have already raised it with my HPC both verbally and by email. Happy to send another one to Nissan's main office.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The real issue here is that many of us bought the car on the strength of Nissan's blurb (Porsche beater, everyday supercar etc etc) but I wasn't told about the warranty exclusions and service requirements until the day I collected the car! I was then asked to sign and agree to all the temperature and track day nonsense. I don't see that in any Porsche manual.....nor a 6 monthly service requirement!

If the 6 month rule has been dropped elsewhere it can be dropped here. Climate differences my arse! QUOTE]

I would love to see how all our signed disclaimers would stand up in court, surely your equipment must meet the standards as advertised. Does this mean Nissan is actively encouraging us to use excessive speed on public roads, by having us to sign a disclaimer for areas where we might just get to use the vehicle as designed, not racing just driving.

·
Registered
290 Posts
When I collected my GTR last week I was told that the service interval was 6k miles which surprised me because I had heard of the 6 month/6k interval. I am guessing then that they just didn't quite understand the issue?

It seems there is a significant variation in prices between various HPC's, how does the collection and delivery service work then? Is there a maximum mileage range? Or are they just bundling the cost of collecting and delivering back into the service cost?

Read the Manual.............:sadwavey:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Suzafan this is what you said.....
Long story short
I contacted Nissan Wien (Vienna) in Austria, my HPC.
I mentioned that I am the memeber of GTROC too...
They told me that they cannot do anything, they have to follow Nissan directions and the warranty is only valid if the car is serviced every 6 months - pian in the ass for me
But, they told me that they will send some request to Nissan Europe and that it would be very smart if we (the owners from the club) send some signed request too.
As it is impossible that we all sign the same letter, we could all send the same email to some official email address (Nissan Europe) with our VIN number.
What do you think of it? I don't know for you, but 6 months service is really a big problem and a big minus for GTR IMHO
Porsche has service intervals 25000 km or 2 years...

"Am in hurry now, but I found the email address of Nissan Center Europe for GTR for Germany...or something like that.
I contacted them once when my HPC didn't know the answer to some of my questions...
We can start bombing them with emails now "

[email protected]

and this from Lindsay Mac on 8th Dec

In conversation with the owner of my local HPC, he did mention that Nissan were looking into these issues. I shall confirm next time I am through in Edinburgh, likely next week.

:squintdan
Basically there is no change, HPC having to follow orders from Japan. I guess everybody that has posted on this subject has taken the time to email their HPC with a letter. I know I did, no point of moaning about it here, needs action guys!

PS mines goes in at the end of the month for 6month service at 2000 miles.........yes its a Porsche beater in performance but I am afraid not in engineering standards if its needs this level of attention.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So where are we now with this?
Are we going to take some form of group action?

I'm looking at about 3000 mile a year, and good thought MH are don't need the hassle of reporting back to them every 6 months.

Interesting. I have always found in the past that if "enough" people hassle, often something is done about it. We should be taking personal action and group action. If all the dealers are flooded with complaints maybe Nissan might waken up. I could almost predict what will happen, 1st year nothing then big outcry in 2nd and 3rd year when the costs ramp up.......watch this space.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.