GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what do you think about the necessity for the regular service intervals which are scheduled to - EVERY 6 MONTHS!!
As I will be doing max 10.000 km (ca 6000 miles) per year, I would have to go to the service every 6 months (it says in the manuals every 10.000 km/6 months)
The problem is that my nearest HPC is 400 km away and it is real pain in the ass to go there every 6 months...
I really don't see why the oil should be changed every 6 months if I made c.a. 5.000 km in that period.
My question is, do you think I could have warranty problems if I decide to go to the service every 10.000 km, not taking care about those 6 months... could I arrange something with my HPC, what do you think?
I can understand "every 10.000 km", but every 6 months really doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they agree to service it on the mileage basis, and not considering time...?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not talking about the need for km/miles based service, I am talking about the time related service - they say 10000 km (6000 miles) or 6 months.
I want to change oils and have service done on 10000 km, but not after 6 months if I have 5-6000 km on the clock after 6 months.
There are also those 12 months inspections that are carried out without cost...but I am not talking about them too :)
I just cannot believe that I will have to service my car every 6 months, cause that would be service after every 5-6000 km which is really pointless
10000 km is also really a short service interval but I can understand that, supercar, high performance engine, gearbox etc...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is really a total nonsense!!
Theoretically, if I am abroad for 6 months, and I do 0 km/miles, I have to service the car?!?
I will write an email to my HPC when I find some time, I am interested what they will say...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Long story short
I contacted Nissan Wien (Vienna) in Austria, my HPC.
I mentioned that I am the memeber of GTROC too...
They told me that they cannot do anything, they have to follow Nissan directions and the warranty is only valid if the car is serviced every 6 months - pian in the ass for me
But, they told me that they will send some request to Nissan Europe and that it would be very smart if we (the owners from the club) send some signed request too.
As it is impossible that we all sign the same letter, we could all send the same email to some official email address (Nissan Europe) with our VIN number.
What do you think of it? I don't know for you, but 6 months service is really a big problem and a big minus for GTR IMHO
Porsche has service intervals 25000 km or 2 years...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will try to write some email template we all could use, I have some Nissan Europe address, I contacted them long time ago when I was waiting for my GTR and had problems with user profile on the GTR site...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree, but maybe the forum admin should open such a thread...
I will sign that thread but I will also send an email directly to Nissan Europe...
I just have to find where I saved that Nissan Europe email address...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I don't think that anybody is talking about the cost of the service here, the problem is that you have to service the car so often and if you live 400 km far away from the HPC and in another country, it starts being a real problem...
10000 km is a short service interval, but 6 months is nonsense, like someone's kidding! What happens with the fluids after 6 months, they get old, like milk?!?
Nissan, add some preservatives into the car please!
Or, a picture is worth 1000 words...please take a look and zoom it a bit, to be able to read it... scanned from the officiall brochure...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Same here, I am not asking for 2 years and 20000 km, I would accept 10000 km (6000 miles) or annually. That is also pretty often, but I'd say ok.
But servicing a car every 6 months, that is really a shame! Does Nissan believe in the quality of a car if it needs to be serviced every 6 months?
Again, the biggest rival, 911 Turbo has the intervals every 30000 km or every 2 years...
GTR has to be serviced 4 times more then the 911 Turbo... considering that, we can only conlude that GTR is 4 times less quality then 911 Turbo.
And to be honest, Nissan has never said that the GTR is faster than the Turbo BUT it needs to be serviced 4 times more...
They only said it's faster...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Am in hurry now, but I found the email address of Nissan Center Europe for GTR for Germany...or something like that.
I contacted them once when my HPC didn't know the answer to some of my questions...
We can start bombing them with emails now :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The official answer from my HPC and Nissan Europe is still - they cannot do anything, the rules are in the warranty book.
BuIIshit!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
When I mentioned that for Japan, they told me - yes, but the climate and weather conditions in Europe are different. Do they really think that people who have money to buy a GTR are so stupid and that we don't know "how stuff work"?
Humiliating

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OK, you were lucky. But do I and my GTR's warranty have to depend on some technician and his good or bad mood?
If he doesn't like me, or he didn't f**k his wife that night, he has all rights to void my warranty if I am late for the service...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here is the email address...
[email protected]
It is email of Nissan Center Europe, so it is kind of their Headquaters (something above the HPC)
I got this address long time before my car arrived, while I had some issues with my order.
We could contact them directly, write some petition with our VIN or something...
I suggest that we all write the same email with our specific data (Name, VIN) and that we send it from our email on the same day...:squintdan:smokin:
When I contacted them a mont ago, I got a call and the woman was saying that crap about the climate differences etc...
But maybe they would ask themselves a question if they get 300 emails in one day...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
OK, let's do it... :)
Who will write the template (I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I'm out :D), when are we going to send it etc...?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
What about those new rules (I read that, somewhere on this forum), that the new cars who had their engines chaneged have service intervals once per year (not every 6 months)
Can someone confirm this? As I have the car that is outside of that "faulty" range so i don't have to have my engine replaced...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Well, it was never done... :(
But we can still do it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.