GTR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Yeah right, wait till something goes wrong. I have raised this several times and it is very clear in the manual and the HPC's interpretation guide reveals you require a time based service every 6 months if you have not reached the millage that would trigger a service.

General guide and common sense repair, try that one with Nissan, BMW or Porsche.....................trust me I have discussed this at lenght. :blahblah:

Lindsay i got an email today reminding me i could use concierge, so i've also raised the issue with [email protected] Nobles. He's said he will raise the issues with Nissan in the next week and get back to me. I also mention the black paint issue.

I'm only at 2k at the mo, although planning a trip to London in the beast in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lindsay i got an email today reminding me i could use concierge, so i've also raised the issue with [email protected] Nobles. He's said he will raise the issues with Nissan in the next week and get back to me. I also mention the black paint issue.

I'm only at 2k at the mo, although planning a trip to London in the beast in 2 weeks.

If you pm with an email address I can send you the email I send Nobles, Nissan are taking the piss with maintenance and parts price. A Porsche beater!!!!! I am having my doubts, did not have to sign a disclaimer when you pick up a new Porsche, parts prices are much less with Porsche, maintenance with Porsche is at least thought out and logical, millage with a minimum service every 2 years. GTR great car, Nissan shit company......................as you can see I am getting irate!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
If you pm with an email address I can send you the email I send Nobles, Nissan are taking the piss with maintenance and parts price. A Porsche beater!!!!! I am having my doubts, did not have to sign a disclaimer when you pick up a new Porsche, parts prices are much less with Porsche, maintenance with Porsche is at least thought out and logical, millage with a minimum service every 2 years. GTR great car, Nissan shit company......................as you can see I am getting irate!
PM coming up.

I was hoping being part of this forum would have meant we'd have some weight together to go to Nissan but clearly not:
eg
The engine recall - no help for the UK guys (i think a straight answer requested by GTROC from Nissan saying why UK aren't affected isn't too much to ask. NB it's not affecting me but i think that's part of the forum)
Black paint issue
and now this.

Sucks that 200 odd R35 owners on here can't all 'sign' a petition (i.e put our names to a thread) on here to say that we think the servicing interval policy is ridiculous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
might give it a miss

Have been looking at the GTR for my next car but after reading this, thats one less GTR sold for the time being.Come on Nissan sort it out can't you tell us Brits have had enough of havin the piss ripped out of us.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I picked my GTR up in September (Loving it) so the 6 month / 6k Svc is due in March and I have done to date only 2k miles, and yes agree the time side of it is rediculous :confused:

My Evo 1X was the same 6 months or 6k but the Evo X replacement is 12 months 10k which is an improvement over the previous car and im sure encourages increased ownership not deters it.

I will contatc my dealer on Monday and ask the same questions to see what the responce is.

CJ

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here is the email address...
[email protected]
It is email of Nissan Center Europe, so it is kind of their Headquaters (something above the HPC)
I got this address long time before my car arrived, while I had some issues with my order.
We could contact them directly, write some petition with our VIN or something...
I suggest that we all write the same email with our specific data (Name, VIN) and that we send it from our email on the same day...:squintdan:smokin:
When I contacted them a mont ago, I got a call and the woman was saying that crap about the climate differences etc...
But maybe they would ask themselves a question if they get 300 emails in one day...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is the email address...
[email protected]
It is email of Nissan Center Europe, so it is kind of their Headquaters (something above the HPC)
I got this address long time before my car arrived, while I had some issues with my order.
We could contact them directly, write some petition with our VIN or something...
I suggest that we all write the same email with our specific data (Name, VIN) and that we send it from our email on the same day...:squintdan:smokin:
When I contacted them a mont ago, I got a call and the woman was saying that crap about the climate differences etc...
But maybe they would ask themselves a question if they get 300 emails in one day...
Lets get a plan together then, I have already raised it with my HPC both verbally and by email. Happy to send another one to Nissan's main office.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
OK, let's do it... :)
Who will write the template (I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I'm out :D), when are we going to send it etc...?

·
Registered
690 Posts
The real issue here is that many of us bought the car on the strength of Nissan's blurb (Porsche beater, everyday supercar etc etc) but I wasn't told about the warranty exclusions and service requirements until the day I collected the car! I was then asked to sign and agree to all the temperature and track day nonsense. I don't see that in any Porsche manual.....nor a 6 monthly service requirement!

If the 6 month rule has been dropped elsewhere it can be dropped here. Climate differences my arse!

Guy. Are you still in contact with Nissan GB? This does all sound very strange! How can Nissan insist an oil change at 6 months on a car doing 2-3 thousand miles!? I know the car is hardly eco friendly but that seems an awful waste of good oil!

·
Registered
290 Posts
The real issue here is that many of us bought the car on the strength of Nissan's blurb (Porsche beater, everyday supercar etc etc) but I wasn't told about the warranty exclusions and service requirements until the day I collected the car! I was then asked to sign and agree to all the temperature and track day nonsense. I don't see that in any Porsche manual.....nor a 6 monthly service requirement!

If the 6 month rule has been dropped elsewhere it can be dropped here. Climate differences my arse! QUOTE]

I would love to see how all our signed disclaimers would stand up in court, surely your equipment must meet the standards as advertised. Does this mean Nissan is actively encouraging us to use excessive speed on public roads, by having us to sign a disclaimer for areas where we might just get to use the vehicle as designed, not racing just driving.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would love to see how all our signed disclaimers would stand up in court, surely your equipment must meet the standards as advertised. Does this mean Nissan is actively encouraging us to use excessive speed on public roads, by having us to sign a disclaimer for areas where we might just get to use the vehicle as designed, not racing just driving.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I don't think there has been a UK warranty issue thus far??

I was asked to sign the disclaimer under pressure (i.e. having paid for the car and not being allowed to drive it away without agreeing to sign) and to date I have had nothing from Nissan with the latest updated warranty information. I feel pretty confident any court would agree I 've got a case should Nissan ever start to wave the warranty flag at me.

I know it's incredibly tedious, but keep calling Nissan and vent your anger at parts prices and service requirements. Prices will come down if enough people make contact (prices already are) but it's still silly money. Keep the independents busy as well, places like Litchfield's deserve support for offering realistic prices. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My car is due for it's 12,000 mile service in 8 weeks having only covered 1,100 miles from new, and the 6,000 mile service being done at 980 miles.

I'm contemplating not getting the 12,000 mile service and forgetting about the warranty. Anyone else in the same boat?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
FWIW i'm being told that engine oil and filter change is minimum at 6 months - which doesn't seem unreasonable to me as i'm at 3000miles (or will be after trip to London).

I'm posting this here not to force anyone's hand but to highlight that i think GTROC should be getting this agreed by Nissan for everyone, and not leave it up to each individual.

I'm waiting to hear the cost but i'm sure it'll be agreeable.

Once again thumbs up to Nobles Nissan. Top service.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My car is due for it's 12,000 mile service in 8 weeks having only covered 1,100 miles from new, and the 6,000 mile service being done at 980 miles.

I'm contemplating not getting the 12,000 mile service and forgetting about the warranty. Anyone else in the same boat?
I'd drop Darren King an email at Nobles (assuming your HPC is Nobles). He's been very helpful. I'm sure you can come to a sensible resolution and keep your warranty.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Are you supplying your own oil? - as the oil is more than that at HPC prices!

D
Nope.

Here's the breakdown.
oil £52.50+vat
filter £7+vat
sump washer£1.31+vat
labour30+vat

Will be done while i wait. Around 30mins.

As i keep banging on. Not all HPC's are equal. This was all done over email
eg
Me: Darren, can you ask Nissan about 6 month service as i'll be at 3k please?
Darren: Minimum engine oil and filter recommended
Me: Excellent. What price and can you do while waiting.
Darren: (See above for price), sure no problem, takes 30mins just let me know when
Me: Thanks very much - see you soon.

Honestly, for me it doesn't get any better. Nobles have to applauded for that.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.