GTR Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Romford is my nearest HPC and I've used them for track related inspections.

But I'm using Middlehurst for main services, as they are the daddy :)

Ed

I almost bought from Middlehurst but ordered in the end from Marshalls. I spend a fair amount of time in the NorthWest (as a Wigan Latics Season Ticket holder) and St Helens is thus relatively close to my 2nd home. I will definitely bear them in mind (taking the GTR in to them will give my dad something to do in his retirement at least).

I am probably going to run with Glynn Hopkin in Romford for the 1200 mile optimisation service. I had my 350z Roadster serviced by Glynn Hopkin Watford and Leyton for 5 years and I thought on the whole they were relatively decent. That said I did find that haggling over some of the prices could work wonders.

I expect that I will settle down to circa 2k to 3k annual miles so the 6 month thing is going to be extremely irritating. I have done something like 2k miles per annum in my old 350z since I moved to central(ish) London.

·
Registered
27 Posts
WildRover...agreed 100%...7-8 people have joined as owners in the past week,I know im one of them we are now up to 230+ owners on the site.
Our common goal to have a car thats unbelievable fun to drive, useable and servicable without feeling like we're being ripped off....
Who can get all our names together to present as a collective..if all the HPCs meet on a regular basis with Nissan GB that would be the place to resolve this issue..unless we go straight to Nissan Eu
Surely every single owner wants this to be resolved...still if it was what the hell would we moan about??
BTW what is the COMF switch apart from a pleasant ambient green glow....:confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry for late reply to this matter.

I can scan and post you page of my manual which says that service interval is every 12 months. Wont help you much as its in finnish language.

Car computer has service "flag" every 10 000 kms. We all have that in our cars, car gives you a notification when you need service soon.

So atlest in Finland we have service interval every 10 000 km or 12 months which ever comes first.

Maybe English cars need a service every 6 months because of the sucky weather there? ;)

But here near the artic circle we have optimal, almost tropical weather. :thumbsup:

Or could be because Japanise know that Santa lives here and they want to stay in good terms with him...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am in south of france so weather wise, there is better but not much (kiddin)

Services in France are BS like UK. 6Kmiles/6months ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Suzafan this is what you said.....
Long story short
I contacted Nissan Wien (Vienna) in Austria, my HPC.
I mentioned that I am the memeber of GTROC too...
They told me that they cannot do anything, they have to follow Nissan directions and the warranty is only valid if the car is serviced every 6 months - pian in the ass for me
But, they told me that they will send some request to Nissan Europe and that it would be very smart if we (the owners from the club) send some signed request too.
As it is impossible that we all sign the same letter, we could all send the same email to some official email address (Nissan Europe) with our VIN number.
What do you think of it? I don't know for you, but 6 months service is really a big problem and a big minus for GTR IMHO
Porsche has service intervals 25000 km or 2 years...

"Am in hurry now, but I found the email address of Nissan Center Europe for GTR for Germany...or something like that.
I contacted them once when my HPC didn't know the answer to some of my questions...
We can start bombing them with emails now "

[email protected]

and this from Lindsay Mac on 8th Dec

In conversation with the owner of my local HPC, he did mention that Nissan were looking into these issues. I shall confirm next time I am through in Edinburgh, likely next week.

:squintdan

·
Registered
290 Posts
Suzafan this is what you said.....
Long story short
I contacted Nissan Wien (Vienna) in Austria, my HPC.
I mentioned that I am the memeber of GTROC too...
They told me that they cannot do anything, they have to follow Nissan directions and the warranty is only valid if the car is serviced every 6 months - pian in the ass for me
But, they told me that they will send some request to Nissan Europe and that it would be very smart if we (the owners from the club) send some signed request too.
As it is impossible that we all sign the same letter, we could all send the same email to some official email address (Nissan Europe) with our VIN number.
What do you think of it? I don't know for you, but 6 months service is really a big problem and a big minus for GTR IMHO
Porsche has service intervals 25000 km or 2 years...

"Am in hurry now, but I found the email address of Nissan Center Europe for GTR for Germany...or something like that.
I contacted them once when my HPC didn't know the answer to some of my questions...
We can start bombing them with emails now "

[email protected]

and this from Lindsay Mac on 8th Dec

In conversation with the owner of my local HPC, he did mention that Nissan were looking into these issues. I shall confirm next time I am through in Edinburgh, likely next week.

:squintdan
Basically there is no change, HPC having to follow orders from Japan. I guess everybody that has posted on this subject has taken the time to email their HPC with a letter. I know I did, no point of moaning about it here, needs action guys!

PS mines goes in at the end of the month for 6month service at 2000 miles.........yes its a Porsche beater in performance but I am afraid not in engineering standards if its needs this level of attention.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So where are we now with this?
Are we going to take some form of group action?

I'm looking at about 3000 mile a year, and good thought MH are don't need the hassle of reporting back to them every 6 months.

Interesting. I have always found in the past that if "enough" people hassle, often something is done about it. We should be taking personal action and group action. If all the dealers are flooded with complaints maybe Nissan might waken up. I could almost predict what will happen, 1st year nothing then big outcry in 2nd and 3rd year when the costs ramp up.......watch this space.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting. I have always found in the past that if "enough" people hassle, often something is done about it. We should be taking personal action and group action. If all the dealers are flooded with complaints maybe Nissan might waken up. I could almost predict what will happen, 1st year nothing then big outcry in 2nd and 3rd year when the costs ramp up.......watch this space.
I'll have a go at MH then.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.