Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I wish to publically apologise to any forum users who were upset by the similarities between a recent Newera and TheGTRShop stock advert.

Naturally, I have since amended the advert and apologised for my unintentional plagiarism but as we all know, in this trade we often use similar terminology and I meant no upset to Newera and staff.

What I find most disturbing is that since placing this advert Miguel tells me that both he and Matt have been contacted from other forum users via email and pm’s stating that I have committed various ‘misdeeds’ to forum users in the day to day running of TheGTRShop.

Can any forum user who feels I have committed ‘misdeeds’ please contact me directly on my mobile phone (07731 304953) and I guarantee I will respond with haste.

Alternatively you can email me at [email protected] with your information.
DaveW

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Dave,

This is an encouraging response and I thank you for your recent efforts to make amends. However, it's still plainly obvious to anyone reading the original advert here: Newera Imports - home / stock / carDetails

That your advert here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/132592-stunning-94-r32gtr-metallic-black.html

- was made from cutting and pasting from our site, then amended to suit your car.

Newera Imports - Homepage is copyrighted & you're aware there was no permission for you to use our intellectual property.

As you seem keen to make amends please now write a complete advert entirely in your own words from scratch and in your original format / structure.

Completely your own advert in other words, not one made from a Newera ad. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Miguel.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Miguel

again, I thank you for your reply. After seeking advice from my Solicitor (as per your pm) and the Copyright Licensing Agency I have taken the steps to remove the 8 sentences which appeared the same. None of the rest of the advert was intellectually Newera’s. The original advert is no longer on the forum, again as per your request.
As much as I would like to paste the pm’s exchanged between us so that gtroc users can understand the situation fully – I respect the gtroc's forum too much to turn this into a slagging match and drag the integrity of certain people into question.

Kind regards,

Dave Warrener

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Dave, I've made it clear to you from the beginning I didn't want this to become a slagging match nor did I want to publically cause you any disgrace. Nobody else acted out of integrity as far as I can see. It was your choice to start this thread and I thank you for it. Let's keep this clean and civil :)

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:):):)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I have dealt with both of you and found you are both good suppliers of parts and cars for our little community.

I think now all is fixed so can we move on, we need both of you!

can I close this thread?

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have dealt with both of you and found you are both good suppliers of parts and cars for our little community.

I think now all is fixed so can we move on, we need both of you!

can I close this thread?
Hi Robbie

Im fine with this if miguel is. Please anyone with these issues mentioned please contact me, i want to hear from you.

Kindest regards

DaveW

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Dave,

This was your other advert for the same car, in your original words & format: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130610-94m-1-uk-owner-32gtr-black-39000-miles-new.html

Can you please replace with this text on your ad recent.

I really would rather your cars aren't described in the same format and similar text to Newera's. We're two completely different companies and we don't people to get confused and think your cars come from Newera.

Robbie, I'm OK with locking this thread. Thanks for your help on this.

Miguel.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
It wasn't just me but all the mods/admin trying to find a solution

really hope we can just move on as we need you both!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.