GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just driving through Colnbrook (on the A4) when a huge tree decides to fall down. I saw it out the corner of my eye and floored the car. Luckily(!) it only put deep scratches in the roof, bootlid and spoiler. Make no mistake, had the car not surged forward when it did the tree WOULD have flattened the car like a pancake :nervous: :nervous: :bawling: .
Thanks to the pickup of the GTR I avoided, AT THE VERY LEAST, a trip to casualty.
Still shaking as I write this........

TT

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Jesus, lucky escape mate.
Main thing is you werent hurt! that happend to us years ago when a tree fell on my dads 405, lucky no one was hurt then either.

modifying has its practical purposes as well!

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I've calmed down, I'm pretty p!ssed about the roof and rear end damage. Hopefully only many hours of deep polishing and no touching up needed although it DOES look pretty bad.
Very happy to have gotten away with no injuries.
Strange thing is that about only 10 minutes prior I was speaking to someone at work about the Birmingham Airport manager being killed in his car by a falling tree. How bizarre......................

TT

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
count your blessings. paint can be easily done. In 1993, I lost my girlfriend, a beautiful blonde and a USMC helicopter pilot, when a massive tree fell on her car.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that mate. Trust me I DO count my blessings...

TT

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
hope your car gets sorted out - she took those scratches to save you - I'd never sell that car ever, what with the good karma and all it's got!

·
Registered
594 Posts
TT your one lucky guy, can you pick me some numbers for the lottery please :chuckle:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Eeeek!!!! Lucky escape!

See I always said noisy performance cars were the ultimate in road safety!

Butuz

·
Registered
854 Posts
whoooaaa!!! lucky escape. glad your ok.:smokin: :smokin:

as the capitan says paint is nothing compared with what could have happened........... and im sorry to hear of your loss capitan.

See I always said noisy performance cars were the ultimate in road safety!

Butuz
ive argued this to death with people. better brakes, suspension and power are far safer if used with a good deal of resposibility.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Bloody hell dude sorry to hear this

Glad your ok and well.

Like has been said, paint can be replaced or touched up, but a man's life can't be. Count yourself lucky for sure.

Gives us a PM if you need anything,

·
Registered
832 Posts
I wish a tree would fall on my dog........
We call him the "undead". A 13 year old german shepard thru sheer bitterness refuses to die..... I have had to poke him a few times in the morning to see if "the ol' fella" was gone, but no such luck. When he gets wet he looks like a skeleton wearing a fur coat.
Ahhhh, he ain't so bad.....I guess reading the above kinda makes me thankful for what I have. One thing is for sure, the Undead sure does stink....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
count your blessings. paint can be easily done. In 1993, I lost my girlfriend, a beautiful blonde and a USMC helicopter pilot, when a massive tree fell on her car.
Jesus KC that is awful..

And TT, you are one lucky guy to have got away with only scratches.

Roadie, I must say that is an interesting twist on the story?!?!?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Roadie where did that come from!!!

You had a lucky escape there mate!
I have also had this argument many times that performance cars in the right hands are safer than a lot of the wrecks on the roads.

·
6,821 Posts
We had the storm yesterday and today, some people got killed by trees, you were lucky . . . in a Bimmer it would have been a drift and then heaven . . .

I escaped once a car , thanks to AWD and much power. If I would have breaked or didn't get away as quick, I would have been flatt . . . .:cool:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry.....Had a couple of "pops" and the damn dog is sitting beside me farting up a storm.....:runaway:
Anyhooooo, I'm glad to hear you got out of it safely. As for 2barboy...
terrible tragedy. Takes alot of courage to type out stuff like that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wish a tree would fall on my dog........
We call him the "undead". A 13 year old german shepard thru sheer bitterness refuses to die..... I have had to poke him a few times in the morning to see if "the ol' fella" was gone, but no such luck. When he gets wet he looks like a skeleton wearing a fur coat.
Ahhhh, he ain't so bad.....I guess reading the above kinda makes me thankful for what I have. One thing is for sure, the Undead sure does stink....
Thats a seriously impressive piece of total randomness mate! :flame:

Butuz

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the kind words folks. Looking back, I cant believe I got away with it. It just shows you how fate plays a big part. I mean, IF I had been further back by literally a metre or so I maybe wouldnt be here typing right now. Makes you think...Certainly made me think.
Just away out to assess the paintwork and see how much elbow grease (and hopefully not hard cash) its going to take to get her back to tip-top.
And Kismetcapitan, youre right, theres no way I'm getting rid of her after saving me from a pasting.

TT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts