GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend my GTR will be subjected to its first long drive :). I will be going to Manchester for the weekend, finishing it off with Man U v Arsenal on the Sunday :D. My question is will the car be safe at Old Trafford? Where are the best places to park?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I live close to old trafford about 6 miles away, i guess its a risk wherever you leave it, you could park somewhere on the tram line and get the tram to trafford right near the ground, where are you staying?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staying in the Premier Inn on Friday night, still need to sort out accommodation for Saturday night. Any suggestions?

You a United fan?

·
Registered
174 Posts
nooo im a united hater :) most of my mates are united fans, but as you probably know most united fans have never even seen the inside of old trafford lol

which premier inn? why move? is it full on sat? in which case its all budget dependent really there are 100s of hotels in Manchester..there is Premier inn in Altrincham near where i live, not far from old trafford. Your welcome to park on my drive if you want, i wont be in but the mrs should be, however, you would still be a way from old trafford, depends whats your like, if your anything like me, i wouldnt wanna leave my car on a random car park near old trafford! My house is probably £5 in a taxi then £4 each on a tram to old trafford about 30 mins travelling time. You can also park on tram stop car parks for free or cheap, like Altrincham, Timperley, Navigation Road (this one is free), Brooklands, Sale..any of those and then 10 mins on tram.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God you will be loving this season then :p.

No idea, my girlfriend booked the weekend away for my birthday (it was meant to be Friday night only) but I was like no way am I being in Manchester and not staying the extra day for that game :p.

Thank you very much for the offer to use your drive :) Much appreciated :) but I have found out I have a parking space at the ground.

The only matter now is to search for a hotel :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
no worries, know what its like leaving your car :) there are lots of nice hotels in city centre you can treat yourself if its your birthday hilton on deansgate is nice, near to a few nice restaurants and there is the sky bar in there which is nice

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still getting used to having a car that gets attention lol.

Will have a look, thanks for the advice man :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
your car will be fine in one of the matchday car parks , I go a lot and park my red one, most of the car parks are run by the lets say the "underground" of Manchester and it does them no favours attracting the attention of the law by letting things happen to your car. will cost you a five or six quid, :)

But then again imm a united fan and they might be able to sense it :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm also a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and I park mine in one of the match day car parks called the Soapworks, and it has never been touched.

(Touch wood)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I'm also a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and I park mine in one of the match day car parks called the Soapworks, and it has never been touched.

(Touch wood)
Eugh what, you're a United fan?! I would've never have bought your 350z from you knowing that :p

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

(Touch wood)
Nice. Maybe I will see you sunday ;).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Eugh what, you're a United fan?! I would've never have bought your 350z from you knowing that :p
Dont tell me you're a city fan! I would've bumped the price up if I'd known... :p

WMD -Yeah I'll keep my eye out for a GTR parked up then! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Dont tell me you're a city fan! I would've bumped the price up if I'd known... :p

WMD -Yeah I'll keep my eye out for a GTR parked up then! :thumbsup:
Reminds me of last week, the guy who transported my GTR back from MH had a Birmingham City tattoo on his arm, while i have a Villa tattoo on my arm!! Lucky he did not know this till he got the car back to me ;)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Reminds me of last week, the guy who transported my GTR back from MH had a Birmingham City tattoo on his arm, while i have a Villa tattoo on my arm!! Lucky he did not know this till he got the car back to me ;)
Now I know why you've had so many problems with your car ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts