GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to mount a MAP sensor on the RB26 using a single throttle and why?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As you state single throttle plate - basically anywhere in the plenum that gives a stable signal. You could also use the balance tube.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you are not using the PCV valve, you can place your map sensor there.

If using a AEM map sensor, no additional hoses, reading from 3/4 cyl, keeps the engine bay cleaner looking :)

John

·
Registered
264 Posts
It wouldn't matter so much since you are using a single throttle, so your plenium is in fact a big balance tube, I would mount it as close to the throttle body itself, so the pulsing effect that hapens before echt runner doesn't effect the map reading.

You want the map signal to be the average signal of 6 cilinders, and you want a smooth signal, not pulsating like you would have if you'd mount it on a single runner. so choose a place where the signal is not affected by the pulsing runners.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Only reason i say in the balance tube is after datalogging on a car with a jun plenum there is a small difference in pressure vs throttle opening speed (Balance pipe to map sensor just after throttle body).
It also made small throttle openings nicer (drive wise).

I'm not talking massive difference and i may be own my own on this one but i'll stick with the balance pipe on mine.

I'll try and post up some logs.

Rob

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've placed mine under the plenum in the middle on the round bit between cyl 3/4, but I didn't know if I should be reading close the the butterfly.

I thought about taking air from the top and bottom of the butterfly and using a link pipe(2 into 1) and then to the sensor.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If you are using a singel throttle intake, it doesnt matter where you put it.

Either way, only time you will have trouble with pulsing is at low tps %.
Doesnt the AEM have tps correction table? so you can throttle map the car at low rpm / low tps% ??

Asim...

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not having any problems(good old AEM), I was just interested in different positions and people theories behind pisitioning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts