GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had my car on the dyno yesterday for another mapping session.
Didn't quite reach my power goal of 700BHP, due to the fuel pump running out of steam at the top end and a possible air leak somewhere (running more boost than was needed to achieve the power i got :confused: ), we could only keep it at a safe 1.7 BAR of boost.

Best run after 4 hours on the rollers on quite a hot day was: :D

646.8 BHP @ 6923 RPM
492 LBFT @ 6556 RPM

Does anybody know of a Very high flowing 'INTANK' fuel pump, or am i going to have to get a second pump and run a second fuel line under the car ???
Won't know where or if i've got an air leak untill i get a pressure test done, but it should of made that sort of power at about 1.5BAR.

Overall though im very happy with the results, the car is seriously quick for a 'road car' and the highlight of the day for me was getting the launch control working. :eek: :chuckle:
Launching the car has never been as easy :D

Once again Big thanks to Dave for another sterling effort and also a Big thankyou to Paul for the use of his rollers for most of the day.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Give Abbey a bell they have just changed the Lemon's set up.
Now got one massive pump.
As you say quite correctly more boost doesn't always give more power
Very good road car though 650 horse.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mick

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
guess you only have a few more tweaks to sort out to get your 700HP well done on the nice figures, air leaks suck,, can be from BOV venting or any of the pipe works..

U can use external pump and swirl pot.. dont like intank pumps on big Hp cars especially on hard cornering

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
m6beg said:
Give Abbey a bell they have just changed the Lemon's set up.
Now got one massive pump.
As you say quite correctly more boost doesn't always give more power
Very good road car though 650 horse.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mick
Cheers Mick

Is that an intank pump or external the Lemon is running?
Really need an intank setup as its a road car and the boot does occasionally get used.

Steve

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
yea i got 2 in tank pumps feeding the swirl pot in the boot and a big pump then feeding the engine
You could box the swirl pot and pumps in mate make it look nice.

Mick

·
Registered
962 Posts
Curious, is your power figure ATW or the Fly? Also are you running a big bore engine and which turbo, injectors etc? I am close to this power level myself and am having a mangement system fitted at the moment it would be good to know how your spec compares to give me an idea what to shoot for:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
daytona said:
Curious, is your power figure ATW or the Fly? Also are you running a big bore engine and which turbo, injectors etc? I am close to this power level myself and am having a mangement system fitted at the moment it would be good to know how your spec compares to give me an idea what to shoot for:)
HKS RB28 Step 3
HKS 2540R Turbos
Sard 800cc Injectors
AEM EMS V2
HKS Step 1 cams (264in 272ex)

Power was at the fly, sorry made 489.1 ATW

·
Registered
962 Posts
Our spec looks pretty similar, also HKS 2.8 but running T78 instead of the 25's, not sure whether i have an intank but i certainly have a single pump in the boot, mine is also a road car and as MPEG says easy to box in neatly.
Nice power by the way all the best with the next step:clap:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is that 490hp atw correct because there is no way its 650flywheel if it is!!

And with that impressive setup if my car only made 490 atw I'd want to know why??

·
Registered
646 Posts
I agree with Mick, nearly 500lb/ft of torque in a road car is nice!

Bandit, as for fuel pumps, I'd definately suggest an external pump like the Bosch 044 (It's a great pump, the aussies and jap's love them, I'm thinking though you might need two if you want to go further than 700 eventually) with an inline filter from Aeromotive.. or two.
Or something seriously beefy, consider a Weldon D2015. I've heard they are very noisy though, but it's a 1000bhp Single Pump.

I don't think there is anything on the market that will fit in-tank that will flow enough for 700bhp, I may be wrong though.

I suggest keeping your in-tank pump as a lifter pump, up to a 1-2litre swirl pot, then run lines (good quality, high flow) to external pump, then to an inline filter, then up to your fuel rail.

Q: Why did it ONLY make 490 atw?
A:Who knows,,,, as a road car maybe the ignition has been mapped very conservatively...
Maybe I/C not up to job?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Supra RZ said:
Is that 490hp atw correct because there is no way its 650flywheel if it is!!

And with that impressive setup if my car only made 490 atw I'd want to know why??
I would say that is a fairly common ceiling of power for std fuel lines and an in-tank, especially if it has a single fuel rail feed.

One option is to fit a bosch in line ie leave the current in tank and fit the Bosch along the fuel feed line, this can provide plenty of fuel but will not give you the benefit of the swirl pot and sloshing fuel.

The 2540's usually make around 515/525 @ hubs on a 2.6

·
Registered
597 Posts
ahapartridge said:
The 2540's usually make around 515/525 @ hubs on a 2.6
My car made that on 2530s with just an uprated intank pump on a 2.6!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.