GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After Guy dropped in an earlier thread that the Tuning Japanese article was out, I rushed out and got it. Any comments from the gang then?
Odd that it does not mention that my run was aborted due to detonation but says Pauls was (even though his was caused by the top speed limiter cutting in)-correct me if I am wrong Paul.
I thought that my piccy would be worse as I was well grumpy with the detonation after spending weeks trying to get the car sorted. Looks like I will have to replace the YELLOW hosing (see sarcy comment next to piccy);)
Sad to see Mr weston's GTR (rip):(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Detonation

Yes Dave you are totally correct that the 'detonations' were caused by the speed limiter!

I suppose Tim and co. were erring on the side of caution which is not a bad thing really!I mean can you imagine if a Skyline engine let go in front of all those people/magazines? Not good.Hence I totally agreed with Tim's call!:)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FC

Paul. My only thought was that you are selling the car and it looks like there is something wrong with it when there is not!
Everyone else....Looking again, it looks like Alan has got high blood pressure (sorry Alan:D ). The shades on the photos seem to change a bit!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Dave,
Like you after reading Guys comment, rushed out and bought Febuarys edition of FC.
What a swiz:( Talk about rip off. Spent 4 quid on a 16 year olds idea of a 'jazz mag'.
Not a single Skyline article, just pages of Novas and tarts................ So it wasn't a real loss ;) :D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
feb issue

I made sure that I put MARCH issue as it was supposed to be in last month. I ripped open the sealed bag and checked to make sure that the article was in. The only way I can get FC past the missus is to have a skyline article in it!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Fast Car

Yes, I suffered the shame of buying it, and yes, it's an appalling magazine. Semi-naked women stickers will look good on the back of the car though...

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Hi Dave
I think it was just the excitment of getting me pici taken :D
Either that or the disappointment of not reaching that 400 mark.
Might have to do something about that this year ;)
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
324 Posts
Phil

Sorted

Your car is now all stickered up
thought you would like it

were did they get my surname from Bang goes the insurance!

and as for John Smith inthe standared R34, it looks to me that he could not afored a puch bike!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Fast Car

Had to buy it to see the pickies of all of us ! It was good for a giggle !
My favourite picture had to be of our very own Mr Wroestar !My favourite quote had to be GT-Arts 'Need we say more.......Blimey! 'Well he did make 648 bhp!

The presentation is clear and understandable and I liked the fact that they put the pics. of the owners next to their cars ! It's good for referance me thinks .It really helps one to put faces to names !:)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Fast Car

Guys,
Like yourselves went out and bought the mag yesterday. Well what can I say,What a load of crap!!. Sure the pics were good, but little was written about the cars themselves. They can seem to find reams and reams of crap to write about a bloody Saxo, or Peugoet 306, but very little about the legend the Skyline is. Then again the magazine is aimed at the mentally infirm!!!.

Paul :(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Problem !

Paul, I think the stumbling block for most magazine articles is the fact that they don't really understand our cars ! I think our cars are surrounded by some mysticism to your average Joe Bloggs due to the fact of their rarity and lack of information about them!
I think David Yu will redress this situation in his up and coming articles ,for he knows what Skylines are about !Mind you he hasn't had one for a few years and he might have forgotten :D (only joking Dave) !

·
Registered
666 Posts
Can someone fetch a copy to TJ tomorrow?
I am sure someone will anyway.

As for David...he says he is yearning to get a Skyline again....
but actions speak louder than words.

He should take a leaf out of my book.....
I had a Suzuki Cappucciino and got rid of it to get an R33 V-spec.

David I believe currently has a Suzuki Cappucciino...

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will bring my copy. Look out for the suzuki swift with the sticker of a page 3 model in the back window!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Name Change...

I was rather pleased to say the least that they managed to change my name to make it more in keeping with the magazine…

From Rupert JARRON

·
Registered
666 Posts
I do not recall mention earlier in this thread about tight arse, but if Glen says there are some in FC then we should look at the pictures and have a poll, not to be confused with pull Glen
Geordies are all the same?
There will be three (or more) Geordies at TJ's on Saturday.
Me, Warren and Shak.
No two of us look the same never mind all three of us
Are Glens eyes failing now :rolleyes:
Must be his age
Are you going tomorrow Glen or is Warren driving your car up again for some more snaps:
Mind it was looking a bit dirty at Abbey when I saw it last:(
But worry not I took pictures:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts