GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Does anyone remember that bike, Raleigh I think, which was all black and had electronics all over it?

Someone must know the one I mean! :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i think it was a wolf or something... lots of plastic cladding all over the thing... :)

i missed out on the grifter... went straight from a Boxer to a Mongosse BMX... (Grand Prix - the nuts... rims with holes to save weight... :)

nowadays i cruse about on a Fat Chance - if nayone knows what that is... :D - XTR flight deck, syncros, Crossmax, etc... :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
it was the street wolf
and they made on smaller called wolf cub!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Durzel said:
Does anyone remember that bike, Raleigh I think, which was all black and had electronics all over it?

Someone must know the one I mean! :)
I remember it. The Skyline of the 80's kid's bike world? :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Street Wolf...

...My best mate at school had one of the first street wolf bikes in the country - his dad had a bike shop, my god we were jealous - I had to make do with a regular BMX, no electronics, because I got a Sinclair Spectrum +3 (with a disc drive) instead ;)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
missed out on the street wolf

but managed to get my hands on a PK Ripper BMX as a kid.
It even had the Z rims that would bend (and semi re shape) when doing bunny hops and cherry pickers. Also had a mongoose as well so was the business locally.

God those were the days.

My fave bike was the Grifter in red, complete with mutli colour grip gear changes.

Kids just don't get that much value these days.

NLW

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Nope

Youre all wrong, the king of 80's bikes was the GT Performer BMX.

Always wanted one, dad never bought me one, I think they were about 250-300 quid at the time.

I bought one 2 years ago cos I always wanted one and never had one, Metallic Purple, Lilac Skyways ( original 80's ones ) with pedal back, GT seat and lay back post, gyro, Pegs etc etc. The nuts, cost just over £ 350. It now resides in my spare bedroom like a trophy.

Excellent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts