GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I am very regular "reader" of this forum but this is the first post of mine. Have you checked Mario's new drag GTR????

It has 876bhp at wheels:eek: at 10k!!! and he says the engine is reving about 11k.!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm sure it's KW's I aksed him for some advice a while ago - and it was '1 MW' (1000Kws) he was heading for at that time.

Jason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldnt read if the number in the movie is kw or bhp but kw is even more horrific

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kw...

it's in kw, that dino he uses shows kw.
...Which means he's pulling (roughly) 1150 hp... 1500rpm below what his engine will take... at a lower boost than what he's allready tested the engine at.

According to a post of his in "skylines down under", at full boost the car continuously spins all four wheels on that dino so they're not sure what power is it putting out.

However he says that at full boost it's burning more fuel/air than he was hoping for when he speced the engine... and we know he speced the engine to run it against hks's 1500 hp monster...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
METRIC SYSTEM YES YES YES

Like to see people discuss matters in METRIC units instead of these old-fashioned used-by-nobody-except-islanders-and-usedtobeenglishUSpeople Queen's units......:D :D

Now. In case you wonder ... what's next: the answer is EURO instead of Great Britain Pound !!! ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
somberg,

I agree with you completely, it sucks being in the U.S.

I still don't know how heavy an ounce is, how long is a yard......it is a bunch of B.S...........

I kind of like the unit horsepower though, it sounds cooler then KW :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts