GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was parked near a Maserati earlier today and loved the sound any ideas on how to get that sound from GTR I currently have a miltek y pipe which is nice .

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I found putting a good flowing titanium exhaust gave my RB26 based GTR an incredible sound, very different note to mild + stainless steel systems.
From soundclips I've heard, it does well for R35 GTRs too

I don't think it will be quite a Maserati sound, but it will be equally impressive IMO

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
It's not a fair comparison, the rb26 sounds much nicer than the vr38. A v8 especially the Ferrari sourced Maserati engine is tuned or epic sound quality. You'll never replicate that in a GTR without using the sound system.

I'm clever person could sample something like a 355 (the finest sodding v8 ever) out use a little controller to output the noise based on engine parameters from the obd2 port, use the Bluetooth input on your stereo and you're done.

You could probably flick a switch and make it sound like any car you like.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If you can solve the sound problem of a turbo/supercharged car then having Naturally aspirated car's will be a thing of the past.

This is my biggest problem with the GTR. There are times when I think I should have got a Ferrari/Lambo. That's only because I know the the sound will give me a huge smile. I also know it will make me feel like I'm going faster then I'm actually going. It is very convincing and adds to the drama.

its like watching a scary movie but they have really crappy sound effects. Its just not the same.

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
I quite like the sound level of the 35. At least you can hear music and talk with the passenger rather than shouting.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Have to say I love the sound of the GTR with a full catless GTC Titan system, on WOT it is epic, drowned out most other cars I've driven with and have nothing be complaints about it even from guys driving V8's!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts