GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just written off my Baby. B16 YUK is no more.

Got distracted, slipped in the wet and clipped the rear, spun around a couple of times and landed next to a huge sign.

There is no way the car can be repaired. Just feel shocked and a little angry at myself for being such an arse. At least I wasn't hurt. And nobody was invovlved. I shall see what the insurance say and there may be a few cheap bits to go at a later date.

She still looked so beautiful even when on the back of a tow truck. How sad am I?

Y. (Absolutley gutted)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nightmare !

Glad to hear you are ok - it's the most important thing. Sorry to hear the car is unlikely to be repairable...

Take it easy on them there roads guys 'n' gals !

Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
oh no!!! you poor thing, I really feel for you! but as you say, at least you are ok.....and there I was gonna wave to you too...:(

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys..

more shocked than anything else.

You know what they say about power and responsibility - moral of the story treat any fast car with respect at all times!

Shall have to get another car soon, wonder how much the insurance will clobber me by? :(

Ah well, it was good to get that off my chest.

I think it is a good time to move onto my ambitions of a 240Z for now and leave skylines for a year or so.

and tigger- thats ok I shall wave to you instead :)

Y.

·
Registered
865 Posts
God man so sorry to hear that, but as u say RWD and wet aren't big lovers are they.

Sure you will get a reasnoble offer for the car and move on, but at least your fine mate which matters even if it never seems that way! If u get another skyline sure will take more car;)

If i'm in the area still i'll be sure to buzz ya m8:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sh1t dude

I was only admiring your car at Option the other day! Doh! Weren't trying to drift were you?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hurting is on the inside

Still want a Skyline, but will have to work very hard for one now.

And no driftaholic - I would never dream of drifting on a public road, I know how crap I am :D

Driver error pure and simple, should have been watching the roads especially since it wasn't really raining and there was only a fine layer of damp on the ground.

BTW any ideas of a book price for a 94 GTST?

Y.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Price wise about can be from 7k to 10k mate as being an import its difficult to get an accurate price.

Be sure to cancel that mirror glass mate on a lighter not, u'll be okay mate as if the insurance give u a good price theres nothing stopping u apart from insurance getting another skyline.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And RichJ

It would be good if you let me know when your in the area. Just tell me to shut up if my eyes glaze over and start spouting shit about what I used to do when I still had a skyline.... :D

Y.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah i remember when i were a lad thing, lol Nah is cool mate, like i said u may own another one yet!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perhaps....

Its just all the work done and parts shoved in preparation for the power is now all outta the window.

Blitz 03 rims = 3 scratched and one no longer round!
HKS coilovers = 3 should OK but one a lot longer than the others
:D
Jun Kit - not crash resistant :D
At least the xenons may still be intact and the GTR brakes should be OK :)

And all my dreams shattered (for now) - hell I think the only way to make myself feel better is to get an R32 GTR!!!!

Shall see what insurers have to say.

I just had a naughty thought the RB25 in a 200 may yet be possible since the damage was all to the rear :) Perhaps I can still have a GT2540 after all.

Goodnight all I feel better already.

Y.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well if u come to sell them xenons mate be sure to give us a buzz:D

Mate car sounded sweet, bad time to say or ask but any pics?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
GT-R

Take it as a sign from the gods that it's time for you to get a GT-R.
I had a look on Autotrader last night and there was as lot out there under 15k, some R32 GT-R's in there too. There were GT-S's for 4k! Not sure about their provenance, but it's a start.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dude

you have PM. Sorry to hear about the mishap and main thing is you are ok.
Trust me I have been there...in a GTR!!

Nick

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Xenons

Hiya all,

Got a couple of enquiries regarding the xenons, in short I have to deal with the insurance people before I can reply to the questions. Should they remain intact and if I do have the right to take em out, then I shall make em available. Should I not be advertising them on the forum, then assume the worst :(

I anticipate a long wait for the insurers to get their behinds into gear, like I say if anything can be salvaged i shall post up.

Cheers,
Y.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts