GTR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Rocar, interesting, and looks like a real nice job, what cc did you end up getting with that and any particular reason you didn't go Nissan RB30 or OSG RB30 considering you were obviously after extra capacity and the huge amount of work you've gone to?

Have you had it running, any power figures/ times/ mph?

Rob

87mm bore 86mm stroke
Every thing was made custom.Crank, rods and sleeves.
Crank Farndon
Rods Titanium from Crower
Sleeves custom from Darton
Spacer and head studs made at our shop.
We didn't use OS giken is we had extra 50cc,taller rods and cost
We don't have any figures or time as our client abandoned project after initial testings

www.gtr owners.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=428&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This would depend on application not bore size ie what turbo you had on it or supercharger etc.

You have stated bore size only and no change of stroke or any other components etc so in a case of you doing an over size the answer would be around 20-30hp over standard with everything else being the same even standard ecu with a disconnect and re-connect to re-learn.

There is your answer with limited information in the first place.

So what turbo are you looking for or your target BHP or dare i say it Torque because no one seems to ever be interested in that these days.

R34Nismo, I'm pretty sure a 26 isn't 86mm stroke. :)

Looks like he's basicly made his own version of a OSG RB30 which is cool and big respect for doing it, it must have been alot of work and its looks very well done, I'm just wondering what advantantage it may have over a suitable Nissan RB30 seeing as cost was the reason for not going OSG.

If the engine was designed to be high hp, high rpm (as in more than 1200hp and 9500rpm) then thats great if its basicly an OSG for less, but if its been built for under 1200hp and 9500rpm then its alot of work to go to when there's much easier ways to do it.

Maybe they just wanted to have a go and see how they got on, either way, great project and a shame its been abandoned before it was fully wound up,

Rob

I bought a r33 with a standard block taken to 88mm bore and 600bhp it lasted 10 months before the block cracked in three places and two in the head. 87mm is the most I would go now.

I know it's an old thread but just passing on my experience.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.