GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My R32 has got R34 Brembos fitted all-round, but the discs are the standard R32 units, as far as I know.

I'm looking to upgrade to some grooved discs and Carbotech XP8 pads for occasional track use, so I'm wondering what the biggest disc I can potentially use is, please?

Thanks in advance!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Measure your discs. Stock R33 discs are some 25mm digger diameter than the Sumitomo discs.

AFAIK this isn't possible without some serious mods to the caliper and/or disc carrier.

I don't know of any kits to make the front discs bigger and retain the Brembo caliper. Maybe look at BIOT in Japan.

Before you do that consider 'normal' upgrades. New discs, perhaps two piece (if you ca find them), good pads, braided hoses, R33/34/Z32 master cylinder and master cylinder stopper.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cris, much appreciated :)

I realised, upon reading it back just now, that what I originally posted doesn't make sense... The R34 Brembos surely wouldn't be fitted if the car was going to retain the original size R32 discs? So it must be running 324mm discs (from an R33/34) along with the R34 Brembos. I will measure them just to be sure! So I just need to replace with 324mm grooved units, most likely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts