GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maxinium bhp you can get away with safely with a single intake pump without surge tank?

I have heard HKS, Apexi, Nismo fuel pump all makes around 600bhp crank power max, some I have heard more. Anyone know for sure?

I got a big single turbo setup (I want to run 1.6bar of boost). I have a single in tank pump (probably HKS) with a dual entry fuel rail and 680cc (light blue cap) injectors. I am hoping to get about 650bhp out of the setup, is it possible?

If not, I would think the limitation would be at the fuel pump? Any mod I can do to get more fuel to the rail without spending a grand?

·
Registered
717 Posts
600 is about at the limit at the crank, although i would rather be safe than sorry. You can wire a bosch 044 pump in tank with seperate relay for bigger flow rate.

For anything above 600 you want at least some head room and need a twin pump system for peace of mind

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you crank more voltage to it?

Been thinking about that for a while. Do you wire your fuel pump directly into your battery with a relay???

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
The 13.2 Volts will be with the alternator running , In some cases it can be higher. As much as 14.4 volts in some cases.

Im going for a GTR pump for my GTS, But im not going for huge power so I should be safe...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, is there a need for a Swil Pot if you are going on Track?

I see alot of people using swil pot. I know they are only for removing air, but how likely is the fuel pump picking up air instead of petrol... Petrol is pretty thin compare to engine oil, so it should move very easily...

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
IIRC fuel bladders are meant to also avert the picking up air issue, so there must be some substance behind the efforts to avoid air pickup by some kind of engineering solution.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Swirl pots are very complicated. why not do what everyone with high power cars in the US does... use tank baffle foam blocks.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swirl pots are very complicated. why not do what everyone with high power cars in the US does... use tank baffle foam blocks.
Please explain. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts