GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, RB26 running 2530 hybrids 1000 cc injectors , rods, pistons, cams, modified t/bs,ported.
Pump Gas
510 Wkws @1.3 Bar
560 wkws @ 1.6 BAr

Anyone better that ?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
what does that translate into horsepower? and is that engine or at the wheels figure? similar set up to me, but i didnt think you could run 25-30`s up at 1.6 bar - gonna have to do some more mapping!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Far out...bit of a monster Glenn!

What has been done to the turbos? what dyno? who tuned it...Soichi?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hay guys
i ma new to this form um just wont know i going to build a rb 30 with 25 head forgies eagle rod and crank motec computer an t 35/40 turbo some people say the 30 botton end is no good its for a r33 daily but i wont it to have some pick up what do u think

slam rb

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
750 wheel horsepower - those aren't 2530s, even if they were originally. Those are more like GT-RS numbers (same exducer, bigger compressor), although I think someone would be hard pressed to make 750 at the hubs with GT-RS turbos.

Must have a 2.8 stroker, and some serious head work. And those compressors must be a damned sight bigger than 2530s. There's no way I'd get close to 750 at the hubs with my car even on 100RON pump gas.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what are the compressor specs of these modded turbos? smaller or bigger than GT-RS?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
So, RB26 running 2530 hybrids 1000 cc injectors , rods, pistons, cams, modified t/bs,ported.
Pump Gas
510 Wkws @1.3 Bar
560 wkws @ 1.6 BAr

Anyone better that ?
Umm, sounds awesome - but if they are 2530 hybrids then doesn't it mean that the "2530" term doesn't really apply anymore?

·
Registered
798 Posts
glenn 560wkw?? 761 wheel horse power????with modded 2530s???1.5bar???thats what 820/830 fly wheel horsepower.Iv never heard of anyone even with twin -10s/gt-rs making anywhere near that power.thats T51R KAI/Gt42 power

are you telling us porky pies??!!The laws of physics simply dont add up..i remember you saying before in another thread your car was running 670flywheel [email protected] That was impressive and someway realistic.Are we taking about the same car?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Umm, sounds awesome - but if they are 2530 hybrids then doesn't it mean that the "2530" term doesn't really apply anymore?
it does if you want to sandbag someone before racing them :)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Cool its going to turn into a glenns telling bs thread....
Carl biult the engine for Gary, its his purple R33 , runs a factory R33 box ...
Always has done and he has never blown a box yet, But, this new engine is making more wally then the old one (460wkws).
So to reitereate.
Its a RB26 .5mm oversize, So not a 2.8 or anything else.
The turbos are 2530's that were rebiult when one failed, they run standard exhaust side but larger comp wheels and housings.They are low mount.
It runs a PFC 2 fuel pumps / factory rail / SX regulator
Those power figures are for real ....
Carl has done quite a bit of developement to heads and shapes on his own very well known stupidly powerfull SR20 hybrid ,and has built Gary's engine with the same head mods etc:
So once again , Pump gas (98) 560 Wkws @1.6 bar.

:p

This is the same guy that (after being told it couldnt be done) welded the front of a variable cam timing cylinder head onto his one to make variable cam timing on his very non standard SR20

oh and got it all working ....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts