GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone help with what the max power/max boost must be for stock pistons and headgasket. im thinking about buying a car on behalf of my friend which has apparantly run 637 bhp on stock pistons/headgasket.

please help as i need to buy the car as soon as possible

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Search button is your best bet

cos its not whether an engine can produce 600bhp on std internals and head gasket - of course it can .......................................but for how long`is a different matter

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
600-700-800hp is no real big deal on stock pistons and head gasket if its all setup and tuned correctly, trouble is, most cars are not setup and tuned correctly (or at least as good as they could be), hence the 500-600hp "golden rule" people speak of.

There's plenty of forged engines out there going pop with similar power levels and yet we all know 1000-1200hp is no problem at all when its done right, I'd be more worried about the setup/tuning than the parts in it to be honest.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Of course tuning and map has to be 100% or as close as.

My point was that this is far more likely when someone has just spent ££££s rebuilding a forged engine. In my case there was little difference in the cost between nissan & forged tomei parts

When just using bolt on parts on a stock motor its often on a budget and that can mean just a big second hand turbo and raising the boost without a "proper map"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.