GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I am going to be adding some wheels soon and want to make sure I make best use of the R32 GTR Arches.

What do you think would be the max size spacers I could use on 18" wheels 9.5 " wide, +15 offset with 255(or 265)/35/18 tyres?

I can obviously go through trial and error to check clearance etc but wonder if anyone else had found out already?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
9.5 + 15 would be pretty much on the money anyway. A mate of mine has 9.5 + 17's on his 32 and it sits very close to flush.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would've thought on a stock arch 9.5j et 15 with a 255 tyre would literally be the very max, possibly pushing it a bit unless the arches were rolled.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Guys,

I will put them on and see what they look like then as is, although I want to put a 3mm spacer in to help clear the brakes (with the R34 set up on the Panasports have about a piece of paper clearance lol, although it does clear)

Looks like what I have will be about the max then.

Thanks again

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds about right to me then Cris,

ET15 with the 3mm spacers sounds exactly what I was looking for.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Sounds about right to me then Cris,

ET15 with the 3mm spacers sounds exactly what I was looking for.
TBH I'd try them without the spacer first. Not sure you'd really notice 3mm extra and you'll (maybe) save a few pennies.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need the 3mm spacers for the R34 brake caliper to clear the wheel :eek:

There is clearance betwwen the wheel and caliper but to put it mildly is about a knats **** and now more (0.5mm at a guess)

I was wondering if I can go for bigger spacers but will review before I put the wheels on. Not worried about the spacer costs as at 3mm thick I will make these at work out of Ali or Stainless easily so no problems there.

I look around and see 5mm spacers for about £50 a set and I am not going to pay that out of principle as I know how much they cost to make:chuckle:

Lee

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Guys,

I am going to go with the 3mm to start with (thats leaves the thread enagement I am happy with) and probably 255 tyres, as I have 2 tyres already that size.

Once they are on I will have a look and play around with the offset to get it right.

I should be able to get the spacers made for no more than £10 for 4 at a guess so will make my own. After all its just an aluminium watercut profile (well mine will be), although I might machine the centre boss if the watercut is not good. Although the watrecut hole should be +/-0.2mm in Diameter on 3mm thick so should have no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts