GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering, what's the most that can be done in mods to an R32 GTR while keeping the engine bay as stock-looking as possible? Off the top of my head, these are things that can be done:

injectors/fuel system (without multiple pumps)
radiator and intercooler (especially if keeping the stock protective mesh in the bumper)
oil cooler
lower hard pipes
possible stealth nitrous system?
anything goes in the head/block

limiting factors:
must keep stock plenum
must keep stock turbo configuraton and stock "twin turbo" pipe
must look no more than Stage one unless a true RB26 expert takes a damned close look, peeking around with a flashlight, etc.

what are the biggest turbos that can be run in the stock (underneath) position? Or can usual suspect turbos (2530's etc) be run at over 2bar? Will any aero mods need to be done to stabilize the car at 200mph+ runs?

This is the direction I want to take my car tuning-wise. The street scene in Korea is such that a stock appearance would be a benefit. The main road for tuned cars is the airport access road - brand new pavement, five lanes per side, 40km long, dead empty anytime past 10pm, camera enforcement only. In other words, plenty of room to get fast.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
80mm AFMs support up to what bhp? 2540s are pretty laggy with a stock block, but how do they run when pushed with a 2.8 bored/stroked engine?

how far and hard can 2530s be pushed? I think a lot of supporting stuff can be made inconspicuous by running lines underneath, the main issue is the turbos and what I can push - the "twin turbo" pipe isn't a limiting factor even up to hp levels like 800+?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts