GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Daryl at Tunerlab.jp, I received an MCR 4 light kit. Much cheaper at 14,800Yen than the Zele kit, it is also even simpler to install!

It's basically just two short wiring looms which interconnect between the stock connectors.

I used Charles Charlies' helpful Zele fitting guide to show me how to remove the relevant trim panels and TunerLab include some English instructions too, but the only tricky bit was working out how to separate the stock connectors! (They don't have the same locking mechanism as the MCR connectors even though they are fully compatible.)

Love the finished look and it's a great mod for the money.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's less than half the price and doesn't have the box of electronics.
No it's not switchable, but why would you ever want to switch it back?
If you did want to, it's literally a 5 minute job to take them off again.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Makes me wonder what is in the Zele box....?

·
Registered
25,652 Posts
the MCR kit is a good alternative but wasnt available when the zele kits were (zele were first to market)

at £90 delivered for the MCR you cant really argue,

glad your happy david, maybe you should mention it in your next article in Evo ;-)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
But what is the point of making all fours rear lights operate, when you can never see it yourself? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What's the point in any cosmetic mod? Oh... :nervous:
But other cosmetic mods you can see yourself and look at proudly when stationary, I know I've done them on other cars. But you can never see this mod unless you ask someone to drive your own car and you follow them.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
guilty as charged...... :)

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But other cosmetic mods you can see yourself and look at proudly when stationary, I know I've done them on other cars. But you can never see this mod unless you ask someone to drive your own car and you follow them.
I've been thinking about what you wrote Guy. Did you think the kit lights up all four lights (plus high level) under braking?

CC's Zele post does incorrectly suggest that, but all the kits sold here actually light up all four lights as lights then only the inner two shine more brightly as brake lights.

There is a much more expensive kit available in Japan that converts the outer two lights to be brake lights too, but I don't think anyone over here has done that as it involves sending your original lights to Japan and paying a fortune to get them converted.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
CC's Zele post does incorrectly suggest that, but all the kits sold here actually light up all four lights as lights then only the inner two shine more brightly as brake lights.
Bugger!

Just checked my original post and I cant believe I didnt spot that glaring FU!

Can any of the mods/admin alter that last line for me??

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
David,
Glad you got your light kit installed! The MCR kit really is an easy install, and a nice, cheap upgrade over the original.
I believe the Zele kit has the switch due to Japanese vehicle inspection (Japanese owners may have to put it back to normal for inspection) but for overseas owners it's just a waste of money compared to the MCR kit, nobody really needs a switch.

For anyone interested, we have stock of MCR's harnesses, ready to ship at any time.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the MCR harness kit, MCR parts, or any other parts for the R35 GT-R.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts