GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a company or person has designed a mechanical fuel pump mount. I'm not looking for cam driven so likely something that will be around the alternator. The brand of pump it holds isnt to concerning but if it was to hold a weldon or aeromotive etc that would be great too.

Likely a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It is interesting you mention that I have been thinking if a mech. pump would be better than an electric. External oil pumps like the Peterson ones have a provision for mechanical fuel pumps at the rear of the rear of the pump. You could run a single stage pump to replace the OEM style and have a mech. fuel pump at the rear.

Not sure if anyone has done it before, if it was worth doing you think? But, the Gibson GTR's did have a mech. fuel pump if you look at some photos it was mounted high up I think.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can scan the template i have for my aeromotive bracket i had made & email pics of the finished product if that helps but it will be a week till im home again.
Mounts where the aircon pump used to live

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Very interesting, brilliant!

Had no idea this could be done to a skyline.

Is it easly done, what would the pump cost?

Would it be suitable for a street driven gtr 600bhp+, or is only for drag use.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mech pump can be cable driven installed close to the rear of the car. but the cable spins:)
Mech pump is a pain if you do not have it close to the fuel cell. it really worth wile only on full drag car and the best way to set up a fuel cell under the hood and the pump on the back of the dry sump oil pump. Moroso and Peteson have this option for their pumps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very interesting, brilliant!

Had no idea this could be done to a skyline.

Is it easly done, what would the pump cost?

Would it be suitable for a street driven gtr 600bhp+, or is only for drag use.
an electric pump would be much easier for 600~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts