GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GTR Owners Club Meet @ Fuji Speedway
Saturday September 2, 2006

Shizuoka ken, a prefecture in Japan where green tea is grown in massive quantities, a place where the gorgeous Hanama Lake resides, a place where the 3,776 meter high Fuji mountain is located. And last but not least, a place where the massive Fuji Speedway is located.

For this mini installment, I and many others from the GTR UK OC headed off to the inspiring Fuji Speedway for the official GTR Magazine owners club meet which was presented by the Car Mode Publishing Group.

On site were several hundred Nissan Skylines from all ages. The majority of them were privately owned, but a few of the top named shop cars were also present.

Here are a few photos from the event with captioning attached.

An image which displays a small portion of the show and a beautiful background view of the mountain side.

A pristine conditioned Hakosuka GTR pulling into the parking grounds.

Based in Yokohama, Midori Seibi Center was on hand and showing there famous BNR34 time attack car.

No its not a Skyline, but another incredible vehicle made by Nissan. A Fairlady fitted with a very modern body kit from Veilside. Good to see Veilside is still hard at it after some troublesome times.

Being the newest in the Nagisa Auto line up, this BNR34 was fitted with every possible carbon product that one could imagine. And get this, the carbon doors weigh a mere 3.5 kg. Just amazing!

The one…the only…the Top Secret catalog car.

One of the most aggressive front bumpers Ive ever seen on a BNR32 and I believe it was made by TBO at one point.

Love it or hate it, the Tommy Kaira works BNR34 GTR. The TK cars have always had a tasteful appearance.

Close up shot on an F-Sport motor.

Being stored behind closed doors for a long time, it was definitely nice of HKS to bring out a pair of Zero R’s to the event.

The Abbey Road Company or better known as ARC, had a couple of works cars on display and here is one of them up close.

Well I was all riled up thinking this track event was going to be explosive. But rather, the Skylines just did a few crawling laps. Heres an image from down on pit road.

For the last up close Skyline images, here are a couple of shots showing the Nissan Motorsports authentic R33 sedan based GTR.

Just before leaving, I found my car overtaken by a shield of vintage Skylines. I asked myself, “did they purposely park there”? “Did Mustang sally deliberately invite them..lol”?

Signing off,

Adam

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
I love those Zero R's. I've only ever seen the silver one before. Loving the air duct on the side skirt of the white one. What a fantastic looking car.
Nice photos thanks!!

·
6,821 Posts
Are the ZERO-Rs still for sale in japan? I mean can you get one-made or seconde hand?
They have a deadly performance and special looks . . . . love them:)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
im confused bean... as to wich engine is the purple/blue respray gtr, i thought it was t78 a car you bought via shin, and that the engine you had built from scratch at ts was in your other mp3 gtr with volks?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice pics.

gtrlux said:
Are the ZERO-Rs still for sale in japan? I mean can you get one-made or seconde hand?
They have a deadly performance and special looks . . . . love them:)
Hks still have a couple left of the Zero-rs (6 or 8), just laying around to rot.

Bean, what is the new wing on BB gtr?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Bean said:
Thanks for the pics Adam :cool:

Just one thing - you seem to have mixed up Thrust's car with the Nagisa Auto car....that's his car in the picture....
Thanks Bean for the clarification, and great piccies of some stunning cars, Adam. Cheers. It was an honest mistake, though, as the bosses of SunLine Racing and Nagisa are very close, and their widebody kits look quite similar. Nagisa and SunLine usually have neighbouring pits, & are often fighting for the top spots on the grid at circuits in the west of Japan.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
They do stuff for 32s, yes, but their webpage is in Japanese, so you have to click and dig for the magic 32.

http//www.sunline-racing.com

[email protected]

You can also order thru Abbey Motorsports or GT-Culture.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.