GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meetings, events and track days are a good way to get to know fellow forum users, put a face to the name and compare and discuss GT-Rs. Looking at the mods some people have already done and talking to people who have owned cars for longer and see how things are progressing. Talking about servicing and, of course HPCs.

The GTROC organises regular pub meets across the UK and elsewhere. These are great places to get to know those local, and sometimes not so local, to you. They are also where you can find out the latest developments for the car, the club, the forum and all manner of things. In addition it’s a great way to build a social community that is the backbone of any club. Events are organised ad hoc or are run regularly by the GTROC Regional Reps. YOU DO NO HAVE TO BE A GTROC MEMBER TO ATTEND.

National shows are a great place to meet a wider group. The journey to/from can be fun if the Regional Rep organises a meet up and drive. With numbers this is worth doing so find a show, find your rep and get moving. These shows come in ‘all shapes and sizes’ Some are one day affairs at race circuits, some are slightly longer; some are purely social gatherings, some have track action; but all allow you to participate and meet with fellow members.

All social and regional meets are publicised in the Meeting & Events section of the forum. Check out that area regularly and you will see something local to you, or perhaps something farther away but that is of interest. To give you some idea we hold Regional Meets in the following locations:
Scotland
North West England
Angel of the North
West Midlands
Derby
South West
Oxfordshire
London
Kent
…. And we can do more if you wish and want us to help find a venue near you.

The National meets to look out for, for the remainder of this year are in additional to the local meets and well worth reading about. Or come along to a regional meet and ask about the big national shows.
Hampshire Pageant of Motoring
Japshow Finale at Santa Pod
Bruntingthorp charity day (you’ll find that in the members area)
Japanese Auto Extravaganza (three day social highlight of the calendar)
Palmersport day for GTROC (members only)
AGM: Show n Shine, social meet, BBQ, dinner and awards, overnight/hotel (members only)
Modified Live at Snetterton
Rally Day Castle Combe
North Weald Car Limits Day (for fifty quid a whole day on track!)
Castle Combe track day
Mondello Park track day weekender
Oulton Park track day

….. and of course regular visits to the Nurburgring. The next one, which you will find in the Members area, includes a VIP tour of the new Nissan facilities.

The GTROC organised track days are for us and only two other clubs. That is totally different from any other day and are always open pit lane. We pride ourselves on working with SIDC and the MLR in bringing you the best track days. On hand will be instructors and of course GTROC members to help those of you who only have some or no experience. We were all novices once – so check out the ‘First Track Day’ offer in the shop. With some days Andy Middlehurst is even on hand (at no charge) to give you instruction and help you get more out of the car.

Whether you’re a paid up GTROC member or not come along and meet some fellow members, join the fun and get to know more about the car, the club, the scene.

John Fuggles
Chairman
GTROC

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Bruntingthorp Proving Ground 2nd August

For any non-members who maybe haven't seen the thread - this is a regular annual event in the GTROC calendar organised By ASDA where we get to give passenger rides around the Airfield circuit including most of the 1.7mile runway to paying pasengers!

All proceeds from the £5.00 laps go to charity and the GTROC always makes the most money..

This year for the first time there will be several member's R35's on track along with 32's 33's 34's.

Now what's interesting are the other clubs attending including Dodge Vipers, Lambos, Porsches, Ferraris Lotus etc... and we get to be on circuit with them. Cars set off one at a time but we usually get to reel in a few "supercars" down the very wide runway on each lap it's great sport....:D

So if you would like to see some GTRs including 35s making every other car there look slow :smokin: maybe have a ride in a Lambo or a rally car or a go Kart or see just how fast a tuned 32,33,34 is from the pasenger seat :D entry is £5.00 for spectators and there's loads to do on the day from Air displays, drive a 42 ton truck!, go kart, rally cars, clothing sale and fashion show, food etc... all proceeds going to charity it's a very worthwhile cause.

Then get to Bruntingthorpe on 2nd August... from early on...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
This is the list of 35s driving at Bruntingthorpe

R35
1. paul__k R35
2. sin R35 (
3. Aerodramatics
4. rblvjenkins R35
5. SNEL R35
6. Highlander R35
7. richdevil R35

Who's coming to watch? Or have a passenger lap for a fiver? What about those people still awaiting delivery? You won't get a better GTR "fix" for a fiver. Actuallu I'm starting a new thread....

Can't understand why this isn't being discussed? surely it's of more interest than the threads about Mats, Reversing cameras and stick on Sat Nav's :flame: :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Just wanted to say it's good to see the chairman is back. I know his work for the club never stopped anyway but it's good to see the title is back

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
R35
1. paul__k R35
2. sin R35 (
3. Aerodramatics
4. rblvjenkins R35
5. SNEL R35
6. Highlander R35
7. richdevil R35
8. Steve R35 (Poss, as depends on 1st aug at CC)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to say it's good to see the chairman is back. I know his work for the club never stopped anyway but it's good to see the title is back
Bugger! Did I say that? :chuckle:

Many thanks for the kind words. :eek:

Please all keep an eye on the events section not only is it a great way to meet fellow members and enjoy some car fun but these meetings are often the best way to chat about your experiences with your car, share ideas and moan in unison! :D

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'd very much like a grunt round brunt;)

Is this open for anyone to drive?

How much tracktime might I get?

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Also, just checked the gtroc shop and see there's a north weald day on the 21 aug. Tried the link for 'GTROC Membership page' about getting membership but it says 'address not found'..

Any chance someone could give me a link for what you get as a member?

Would really like to come to north weald:)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Also, just checked the gtroc shop and see there's a north weald day on the 21 aug. Tried the link for 'GTROC Membership page' about getting membership but it says 'address not found'..

Any chance someone could give me a link for what you get as a member?

Would really like to come to north weald:)

Products - GTR OWNERS CLUB:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Thanks Hodgie:cool:

So if i join would i be able to drive at Bruntingthorpe?

On the page you've given me about half way down is the bit that says 'To see the benefits of membership, you can see our GTROC Membership page.' This is the bit i can't get to work...

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Thanks Hodgie:cool:

So if i join would i be able to drive at Bruntingthorpe?

On the page you've given me about half way down is the bit that says 'To see the benefits of membership, you can see our GTROC Membership page.' This is the bit i can't get to work...

Ummmm linky no work, so i`ve found this one for you, http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/112456-gtr-owners-club-annual-membership.html

When you join you`ll be able to see the members section of the forum:clap:
The bruntingthorpe event is in the "members events section", if you have a query pm davewilkins he`s the man for this one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts