GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the pleasure of detailing this Allard J2 recently, Every nut and bolt was removed and polished up, all chrome parts, wheels removed, grill removed, engine detailing, fully corrected, wearing ceramic sealant and 3 layers of Gtechniq exo on top.

Here is a finished pic.

545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blimey, what's that worth?
Ok this is a very hard car to value, the last one sold for £660k. But this has a lot more racing heritage, its just done the malta classic, millie miglia 1000 and it was racing at a very high level from 1951-53 apparently le man but ill speak to the owner about this.

Chris

·
Registered
192 Posts
Even tho the processes are pretty much the same just the thought of over £600k is enough to make me sweat! Not my thing, but a lovely car :)

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
That is an epic car, Jay Leno has one of the modern ones in his stable. There's a good few videos on YouTube of them. It looks lovely.

545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even tho the processes are pretty much the same just the thought of over £600k is enough to make me sweat! Not my thing, but a lovely car :)
Totally disagree sorry , process on a car like this or say a r35 Gtr is completely different. Single stage paint reacts so different to laquer , given it's from 1950 the paint depth readings are so unreliable, numerous intakes etc make everything hard, engine bay is another nightmare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts