GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new Meister 90mm Y-Pipe - Steel - Non-Resonated.

I purchased this Y-Pipe from this Forum to replace my resonated Y-Pipe but it doesn't fit!!! :mad:

The flange for the connection to the centre section is a different size as I am running an 80mm GTC Titan exhaust.

Oh well, Its back on here for somebody else to have a bargain.

Will take £250.00.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
You should have given me a shout dude, I bought this as a replacement for a 80mm GTC Y pipe, same as yourself, (just never ended up fitting as went with a SVM 102) if it don't fit then its a fabrication problem.

Happy to give you a refund and I will sort out with meister, will give them a pm when I get home.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I had the same problem when I purchased a back section exhaust from here.
What the installer garage did was get an angle grinder and cut a line from each side of the flange to the bolt holes.

problem solved and took about 10 mins to do.

if you do like the y-pipe i would suggest you try this.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have given me a shout dude, I bought this as a replacement for a 80mm GTC Y pipe, same as yourself, (just never ended up fitting as went with a SVM 102) if it don't fit then its a fabrication problem.

Happy to give you a refund and I will sort out with meister, will give them a pm when I get home.
No worries Jamie,

I don't think I should rattle you with a refund - thanks for the offer anyhow. :thumbsup: I don't feel you have misold it to me - however Meister have sold you something unfit for purpose.

It will be interesting to see what they say. Please let me know.

Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem when I purchased a back section exhaust from here.
What the installer garage did was get an angle grinder and cut a line from each side of the flange to the bolt holes.

problem solved and took about 10 mins to do.

if you do like the y-pipe i would suggest you try this.
Hi, Thanks for the advice. Sorry, you have lost me a little bit???

The flange on the Y-Pipe is bigger than the flange on my GTC Centre section. So the holes are further apart on the Y-Pipe to the holes on the Centre Section. Are you suggesting we cut a line into the Centre section??? :nervous:

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Apart from the hole issue does everything else line up? Might just be a case of drilling the holes a little bigger?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apart from the hole issue does everything else line up? Might just be a case of drilling the holes a little bigger?
Everything else seems to line up fine. Making the holes even bigger will be prone to movement at the joint after some driving surely?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i mean drill/saw the holes out to the edge not larger. same diameter only all the way out so you have 2 slits to either side same diameter as original. there will be no movement because you have one on either side, i.e. the one on the left stops movement to the right and vise verse.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Sounds like just a hole misalignment issue, should be easy to get over as above, I've sent the Meister trader a pm with a link to the thread.

Just let me know if you want me to do anything dude.

Jamie.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hello Guys,

I don't really check the Nocturnal name anymore. If you have any problem, please PM me at MeisterR.

The MeisterR 90mm Y-pipe you have is the same as the one found in our 90mm exhaust system.
The Y-pipe is design to be interchangeable with the stock Y-pipe in case of MOT time for owners who have replaced their downpipe also.

The flange of the 90mm Y-pipe is larger than the smaller flange found in the standard 70mm exhaust; however, the flange does fit.
To fit the larger flange onto a smaller flange, simply replace the 2 bolts with an M8 bolt with 2 washer.
Everything will then line up and be tight... no grinding, no milling.

The same applies if you are trying to fit the standard 70mm Y-pipe into our 90mm exhaust system for MOT purposes.

However, it is not advisable to fit the 90mm Y-pipe on a smaller exhaust system.
As that will create a sharp edge at the meeting point blocking the exhaust flow.
This "bottle neck" will create turbulence and decrease performance.

You can go from a smaller bore into a larger bore size, but going from a larger bore into a smaller bore size is not advisable due to this bottle neck effect.

I have attached two picture... you can see how much larger the bore is on the 90mm vs the standard 70mm
But it does line up and bolt on without any grinding.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jerrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts