GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would share my settings after fitting MeisterR GT1 on my BNR34.
I didn't want go too low because of various issues (roll center, bumper, excessive camber...) so I choose the max ride height available.
To achieve that I set distance E to 57.3mm on front (you won't be able to get much. I whish the thread was 10mm longer that actual length) and to 230mm on rear (plenty of thread for more).

With these settings I achieved a distance between guard and wheel center of 353mm on front and 345mm on rear. So the front is 8mm higher than rear which is fine as it's recommanded by other brands (HKS and Ohlins for example).

MeisterR has been helpfull to send me extension adjuster. They are very usefull to adjust stiffness on the rear (picture below show where to drill holes in the parcel shelf). I use a 4.5mm drill.

On the picture below you can see the bush with one side being longer than the other.
What's the correct way to install it ? Long side facing the nut (as in the picture) or long side facing the bracket ?

I haven't fully tested the coilovers yet but I'll do soon !

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally made another small adjustment on front and I set distance E to 59mm (so I basically have 10mm between front and rear and wheel center - guard distance is around 360mm on front).
Front is set to -17 clicks and rear is set to -20 clicks.
It feels like a modern suspension that can be found on german cars and some french cars : firm but confortable. And it's possible to get even more confort if required if one go on the softer side. GT1 are really better than OEM and OEM with lower springs I had previously.
59mm is the maximum you can get. I did this to avoid excessive camber.
I went to a wheel shop this noon to make a wheel alignment. It came up with the following results that are almost within specs.
Ideally some upper adjustable arms would be better but I think it's not that bad at the moment.
What do you think guys ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think of fitting rear adjustable arm to correct camber.
I see what purpose server the rear upper arm (in green in the picture) but I have no idea about the arm in red ? What is it for ? Is it required to adjust camber ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts